Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Backseat Bonding Quilt Buddies…

When Loyce, my new quilting friend from Kansas heard me gush about the Quilt Shops in Temecula SHE had to go…I had nothing to do with it!! ;o)  So we loaded up our husbands and off we went…the quilters sat in the back seat and talked quilts, fabric, patterns, books and magazine…as only TRUE quilters can do…and before we knew it we were in Temecula!  Now the guys were yakking up a storm too…in fact they were talking SO much that they weren’t paying attention to the road signs… we got lost not once but twice…these freeways are tricky when you are talking satellites, diesel engines and converters…yawn…

Loyce loved the Quilter’s Coop (I knew she would!!  How could she not?!)  We also spent time at the Rooster Creek Crossing- LOVE that shop!!   Loyce isn’t into wool…YET…but I think if she spends another day with me she could be!!  ha ha..

Here’s what I bought~

Lovely wool for my Settler’s Pride stash…

P1060515

Some purples and reds and blacks…hand dyed wools…love them!! 

 

P1060517

Christmas Fabric for $5 a yard….

P1060518

Assorted Fat 1/8th in Civil War prints…

P1060519

Shangri-la  for my stash for $5 a yard…

P1060520

I love this fabric…and for only $5 a yard!!  Can’t you see it as a border around some snowmen…should have bought more of this one!!  Guess I’ll have to go back…just kidding!!

P1060521

An appliqué/stitchery pattern for tea towels, pillows..

P1060522

And I finally found…WINTER WHITE!..a Schnibbles Pattern! Although you can’t tell from this pattern..?

P1060526

What did Loyce from Kansas buy?  Let me just say she had WAY more bags then me!! 

I’m sure glad Loyce  wanted to see the Quilter’s Coop!!

Today Loyce and I are hitting the Thrift Shops in Palm Springs…think we can find a wool jacket or wool slacks?…after all Loyce has GOT to start her wool stash!!  ;o)

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

  1. I wanna be your shopping buddy, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Paulette! You've struck gold - again! I love that wintery branches and birds - it will look fabulous with snowmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to need another trailer to haul all of your stash home, lol. Lots of nice goodies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just going to say the same thing as Debbie about needing another trailer to take everything home.

    I don't think we should ever go shopping together, Paulette. I think we would just feed off of one another and have to go out and get the men to carry our bags because they'd be too heavy. But I'd sure like to give it a try. The shop keepers would love us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a delightful post! I am so glad you always have your camera! I enjoy seeing and reading about your finds, it is almost like finding them myself! Have fun op shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Civil War prints they would match my little 6" squares. And when I saw the Shangri La with the red flower, I checked my "Green" drawer, and lo and behold, there was a yard of it that I bought online last year. Do you think they are sisters or cousins?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting more and more worried about your trailer getting to heavy *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This sounds like a field trip to me! You wouldn't mind say 20-25 students would you????? Great finds, love everything! Someday I am going to have to take a shopping trip with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm beginning to worry that soon you're going to have to sleep in the truck, you nust be almost full in the 5th wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fabrics, i think we overseas ones should start a petition banning such posting of you getting such good prices for your fabric lol
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog. You sound like you are having a ball with your traveling quilt buddies. I just had to comment becuz I grew up right where you are now and my best friend lives in Desert Hot Springs. For several years I went down there monthly to spend the weekend with her while the kids went to see their court appointed 'dad visits. That place holds so many memories for me.

    When I got married there in 1980, my then husband's aunt made me a king size hexagon grandmother's flower garden....all hand pieced and hand quilted. As an 18 year old I didn't know the treasure I had and over the years used it til it was in shreds and then lost it in a move.
    Thanks for joggin' the old memory this morning!

    ReplyDelete