Saturday, February 6, 2010

I’m on a roll..

The second block is done on my Wool Crazy AND I’m addicted!!  I love stitching this quilt…I just wish my camera did a better job of taking the pictures and showing the true colours.

P1060245

I made the Raggedy Andy block with the heart just in time for Valentine’s Day. P1060246 P1060247 P1060251  I think I might stitch a little more hair on his head…looks like he’s losing it, doesn’t it? P1060253     He looks worried about what is going to be stitched in the next block beside him…

Working on my computer lap board takes care of the bulk…and I love the big needles and of course you need a thimble…

P1060249  I also wish the camera would pick up how Andy’s arm is poofy and so is his head and the heart…it’s because of the batting and it’s giving the project a whole different dimension.  I LOVE it!

Two wonky patches down…eighteen more to go…before my first Wool Crazy Block will be done! 

Have a spectacular Saturday and Happy Quilting!

17 comments:

  1. So sweet! The batting certainly gives it more dimension.
    I'm doing most of my applique pieces first, then will go back and add the stitching and embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. So you add a still batting under some pieces. That is going to be so great. I'd really have to learn how to embroider again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your wool blocks! I'd love to make this but I can't start any new projects right now. Maybe I should just buy the book so I'll have it if/when I ever have time to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu are doing a beautiful job on the stitching.
    I like his hair, makes it more fun and prim.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is absolutely brilliant!-Such lovely stitching and detail-the wools are great looking! I have ordered the book, but plan to finish some other projects first:(
    but I really have to discipline myself-too many projects; not enough time:)
    Keep posting,
    ~Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you've done. just found your fabulous blog...I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I left a post, but don't see it. Anyway, you are really on a roll. Your stitching and applique look amazing and so nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what your next block is too! (not afraid like Andy lol) What pink thread are you using? It shows up nicely against the wools. I'm trying to finish up some other projects before I start mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is really coming along and I love how you have put story into it.I too think little more whisps of hair.. It is going to be awesome.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking just great and wow, two done! Love Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andy is just great, but I do agree that perhaps he needs a little more hair. Is there an Annie in his future on this quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful - you're making fast work of this project. You're obviously having lots of fun. Andy has captured my heart - he's a handsome chap. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is looking good and seems to be a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete