Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Our Pass It On winner Is……

Carin ~ is the pick to be the first to get the Snowman pattern.  To the rest of you ~ don’t be sad because when Carin is finished with it, she is going to be passing it on and it might just go to you! (Carin please email me your snail mail address so that I can pass it on….)

 Onto quilting news~

There’s nothing like meeting up with a  fellow quilter  and show and telling over a Starbucks’ coffee~ which is just what I did yesterday morning.   Delores is a wonderful, talented  quilter and of course I have pictures to prove it!!  Look at this gorgeous Christmas wall hanging- just stunning! 

image

The pictures do not do this lovely, little quilt justice…

image

What is striking about this wall hanging are the little details, like the beaded halo…

image

..the sweet little buttons…

image

more beads and sequins…so lovely!  Well done, Delores!  I can’t wait for our next coffee date! (and I’m bringing my camera, so get sewing!)

Snowman sighting!!  Three guesses what I have have been working on….

P1030758

Yup!  You can NEVER have too many snowmen!

 P1030750 P1030754

There’s snow body like a snow buddy!

Remembrance Day~ DCP_1976

Finally, I just wanted to mention that in Canada, November 11 is Remembrance Day. My Grade One class said it best…we wear a poppy  to remember those Service men and women who fought so bravely in past wars and for those who are now currently serving.  Some paid the ultimate sacrifice to help keep our wonderful country safe and free.  We thank them and we remember….

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. Love the snowman pattern
    We mark a 2 minute silence here in the UK we also had Rememberance day on Sunday where poppy wreaths are laid to all the fallen today is Armistice day so we do both
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowman is adorable..congrats to your winner.
    My husband served 23 years in the military before retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you like snowmen, they are fun to do in quilts.
    I like mixing cotton with wools for accessories, makes it fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your snow buddy! (this year's version??) I was wondering if the snowballs you showed us were going to reappear. What fun to meet and share with another quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, Love your snowbuddies and also Delores has done a wonderful job I agree so pretty... thanks for sharing ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Christmas y stuff, and Thank you for reminding us about remembrance day.
    I will be making myself a poppy right after this post in felt, thank you and will wear it all day. I echo your sentiments entirely. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that you got to meet up with a bloggy friend! I can just imagine all the chatting that went on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Carin! Love your friend's little quilt, especially all the details, and your snowman. The poppies from your class are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No pressure, Carin, but could you hurry up and pass on that snowman pattern?! Hee.

    Wish my camera would capture the true color of fabric/quilts. It seems to be all in the lighting. Glad you had a Starbucks show and tell day. Nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're quite right, its a lovely wall-hanging, and humurous too! With us all our Remberance Services were on Sunday. A lady commented on my Sunday post 'Freedom is never free', and I think that says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Christmas wall hanging really is beautiful. I look forward to see your snowmen.

    ReplyDelete