Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crafty Claire’s Creative Christmas Creations ~ Part 2!

image Claire has been one VERY busy girl!  And a talented one at that!!  This is one of Claire’s wool penny rugs~  isn’t Frosty just adorable!  It was work like this that inspired me to try my hand at making penny rugs.

Claire has become famous for her little wool pins~ She whips these little wool pins up for friends, colleagues, her son’s teachers…and for all seasons!!

image

This is the one that she made for me last year…(she knows that I love snowmen)…I placed a penny beside it so that you could see how tiny these pins are…they are so incredibly sweet!P1030809

This is what Claire is working on right now.  It is a Wool Felt Table Topper/Wall Hanging called  Winter Sampler by Heart to Hand.  Just gorgeous work!

image

image

image

image

image Claire will sew all these little squares together to make this table topper.

image

Yes, Claire does incredibly beautiful work….She is so excited about everything she does that it becomes contagious!  I’m so lucky to have her for a friend! What an inspiration!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

  1. Love her wool pins, and the snowman rug is out of this world! makes me want to try making some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed your among some talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The round snowman penny rug is such a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those little pins are just darling! She must have good vision to be able to do that kind of detail in something so small! What caught my eye though was that snowman penny rug. That's a design by SewUnique and it's one of the very first penny rugs that I ever made way back 10 years ago or so. Brings back fond memories... and just goes to show that a good design will be around for a loooong time! Fitting all those pennies around the circle is really tedious! Claire did a nice job on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have had a new found love for felt, just because of your blog! I have been looking at kits and ooing and ahhing. Love the work your friend makes, some really lovely things. The pins are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I love the snowman penny rug!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything!!
    Claire is so talented..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pins and the penny rug is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have such a talented friend to keep you inspired - her work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute things! I think I need to try some wool next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess what I've done cos of your posts with snowmen and woolwork? I've ordered a couple of patterns and can't wait for them to arrive. It's all your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were right about Claire and the beautiful work she does. I like the new sampler she is working on, using the wool roving. (Might be something else for me to try!) The straight stitch around the edges is a great touch. (I even think hers looks better than the one on the pattern!)

    I agree with Sue, you've "made" me buy patterns. LOL. If I were a designer, I'd go to you for the free marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so inspiring! Claire is a very talented and creative person. Really has the knack for woollies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh they are all just soooo gorgeous - just love "Frosty", and the minatures are so lovely. Just one talented lady that Claire. You will have to show her how to blog too.

    ReplyDelete