Friday, March 16, 2012

Clubhouse Happenings…

Well the countdown till our departure is on…one week to go!  I will be racing around like a chicken with my head cut off…trying to do everything that I haven’t done yet.

Yesterday was haircut day…and my hairdresser didn’t show up!  I love Katie!  She gave me the PERFECT haircut last time!  BUT she is down to working only one day a week..apparently the sad reality is, she can make more money waitressing.  Anyways I did the math and realized that I couldn’t leave my haircut till next week!  I went with a random guy who was very nice but I left the shop with a totally different ‘DO’..and looking a lot like Doris Day…definitely not a look I was after!  Let’s just say I quickly went for a swim as soon as I got back to the Park…I sure hope today is a better hair day…

But let’s get back to quilting…Clubhouse quilting!  We lost 4 of our quilters yesterday…they flew the coop for home or for other sites!  This weekend we will lose more…it is THAT time of year!

But on Wednesday the ol’Clubhouse was rockin’!  Suzanne was back from sites unknown..she was here last year and brought with her a little mini quilt show!

This batik beauty was one of her quilts…lovely isn’t it!

P1170679

Another batik..this time with machine appliqued flowers!  Perfect Spring Quilt!

P1170680

Let me zoom in for a close-up of one of the appliques…

P1170682

This was a panel that several of us bought at last year’s Spring Fling…(mine is still under cellophane wrap..just waiting for some babies to be born…or at least that’s the excuse I gave..:)

P1170690

I love the way Suzanne put the prairie points on the edge…and I love the colour of her backing.  I will file THAT one away for when I break open that cellophane!

P1170691

Gwen has finished off her lap size Rouenneries Deux quilt!  GORGEOUS!!  She used her free bundle of Fat Quarts from Spring Fling…each shop gave out FQs as gifts to all their customers!

P1170706

Yes, Gwen’s pattern is a Disappearing Nine Patch…using a Nine Patch with the colours all in the same place…red is in the middle, darks in the corners.

P1170707

And of course Gwen had to pull ‘a Wilson’ with her quilt when I asked her to hold it up!  Love the pattern of this quilt…and it’s a fast and easy one too!

P1170708

Siena brought her Leaves Galore Ruler…I was hoping for a demo but it was not to be…maybe next week?

P1170709

Gwen is going great guns on her pineapple quilt that she started last week!  She is auditioning fabrics…I think she went with the darker fabric on the right…for the inside border.  The centre is wool …lovely, soft Wool!

P1170714

And these yummy Pumpkin Patch Flannel plaids form log cabins on the sides!  I can’t wait for this one to get finished…it is going to be spectacular!

P1170715

Sandy, our newbie quilter, is making her first ever quilt…a rag quilt!  She has finished cutting out her blocks and decided to sandwich a piece of flannel in the middle of each block for added warmth.  As she was placing the colours..Chris piped up that she had a ‘PEEPER’ to help with colour placement.  HUH??

P1170718

This is the Peeper here…you look through the small end and it puts the quilt in the distance so that the colours pop out better!  It was amazing!

P1170719

I thought the Peeper was a REAL quilting tool…but NO it’s the peeper that you put in the middle of your outside door to see who is knocking!  You can buy them at the HARDWARE store!!  AND they REALLY work for placing blocks!!  Who knew?  Just watch…there is going to be a huge surge of quilters running to Home Depot today…asking for PEEPERS!! haha

P1170720

Look at what Sienna has been doing!!  This quilt is stunning…and MASSIVE!!  This picture does not do the fabrics justice! 

P1170725

Siena is making this beauty for her three year old niece!! 

P1170727

I am giving Siena strict instructions to send us pictures when she is finished this beauty…would you believe that she is STILL adding more rows to this quilt!

P1170728

Anne was busy putting together this little table topper using her FREE stash of Rouenneries Deux fabric…this was the FREE pattern that Calico Horse provided with their FREE FQ!  Very sweet!

P1170729

And in her evenings, Anne has been stitching this little wool mat…its a Primitive Gatherings pattern from ‘Summer Gatherings’.  Gorgeous mottled wool!

P1170730

This is how Anne is stitching down the wee little flowers…

P1170732

And speaking of wool…look at what Seattle Judy made!!  LOVE IT!  She is making several of these for her quilting friends for CHRISTMAS!!  Now that’s thinking ahead!  They are going to be thrilled!

P1170687

Now the pattern’s directions were not good…so this is what Judy came up with…the notebook flopped around so she stitched a piece of black elastic across the top to hold it in place…genius or what!

P1170688

Here is a close-up of how she did that…the elastic holds it in place and the notebook will be easy to remove and replace when the time comes!

P1170689

Now there was lots happening in the ol’Clubhouse this week(see yesterday’s post)…it was a real beehive of activity!  At lunchtime Gwen supplied the pizza and several of the quilters provided additional food so we had a little party!   I of course, had my hands full and failed to take any pictures! :)  Let me just tell you that everything was delicious!!

Remember this my ‘last chance’ to do things week…well today is the LAST visit to the Calico Horse…and of course we have a car load going!!  And it’s SEW nice of Donna to be having a SALE!

I’m hoping that everyone has a FUN Friday too…and Happy Stitching!~P

15 comments:

  1. What a prolific and creative group!
    Weren't you in Pillow Talk with Rock Hudson? I knew you looked familiar Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paulette What a busy lot you are and the quilts are wonderful. Hope you have a lovely weekend before your long trip back. Love reading your blog and all the news. Happy quilting Friday Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure do wish I was going with you gals to the Calico Horse today. I LOVE a sale and I've not been there before. Hope to visit that shop next year. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun getting those last must haves and I still love that French General fabric so the lap quilt today made me sigh. Shop 'til you drop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bunch of lovely ladies.....I'm sure you are going to miss them...and the quilts...WOW. Having a quilting bee every week is so nice....it keeps the motivation going....

    I have used a peep hole for years I couldn't live without it....it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt show! How inspiring to see everyone's progress.
    Hope you trip prep goes smooth...and that the hair styling suits you better :-) I know that feeling. I don't even have the stylists dry my hair anymore...I go home with it wet and do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful quilts and pieces, you really do have a group of talented ladies at the club.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful quilts that your club has done very talented club that for sure
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's the link to the leaves galore ruler demo on youtube:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09BejjuTmAc

    It's very cool!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev
    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures! I can't believe it's almost time for you to go home. I just got back from visiting my Mom in Florida and brought back a nasty cold with me. YUK!! Will have to catch up on your posts! Looks like you've been busy!:) Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like your snow birding has been one big quilting retreat! OK so the peep was a tease tell us more. How does it work? Again, love your posts!'Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love that quilt Siena is making - is it Winding Ways? And aren't you the prolific hexy joiner? I too love the mylar but haven't tried cutting out my own (a pkg.of 50 cost $20 - ouch.) Will be grand seeing you again but it is cold here!! Can you believe I haven't been to Club day this year? Maybe catch up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe it's almost time for you to go home. Where did the winter go to??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back later on. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!

    ---------------------------------
    Web Design Melbourne | Web Design Perth | Web Design Sydney

    ReplyDelete