Wednesday, August 12, 2009

PROJECT # 5 FINISHED....well almost...

Aren't these YO YOs just good enough to eat? They are fun and easy to make and will look very sweet in the middle of the beige flowers that I have appliqued onto my quilt top. Today I have to finish off the leaves and sew on the YO YOs and I will have finished Project #4 for Kim's Challenge! The exciting part to all this is, that I would never have finished ANY of these projects if it hadn't for this Challenge.....so I will say it one more time....THANK YOU, KIM!!!



And for added incentive to finish all unfinished projects, I treated myself to this wool mat pattern! (A quilters got to do what a quilters got to do!) It is going to be put away, for now, until ALL my UFOs are finished and I can start new projects (guilt free!) . BUT isn't it gorgeous - it's called Saltbox Table Mat by Primitive Gatherings. If you are into wool felt (or primitive quilts) then check out Primitive Gatherings as they have a wonderful selection of books, patterns and felt.




Now to give the YO YOs a new home and then I am off to Hand Quilting....Whoopee, it's Wednesday! I get to leave the sweat-box for a few hours...... :o)

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. You are doing so well in your UFOs brilliant stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on getting those UFOs done. I need to work on some of mine, however it's just too hot upstairs. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that kit too :o) It is sooo cute! They have wonderful hand-dyed wools there.

    The yo-yos are such pretty colors! You have been doing great with Kim's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Yo-Yo i never done them so hats off to you
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now listen, you've obviously got FAR too much energy at the moment so would you please parcel some of it up and send it to me so I can at least get started on something?

    ReplyDelete