Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Where’s the Mojo??

Do you ever feel like you just don’t have enough time to do everything…you have way too much to do…So instead you do NOTHING!  Just sit there…and when you do move it’s in slow motion?  That’s me this week…and NOTHING is getting done!

So while I work on getting my mojo going, let me show you the newest edition of Quiltmaker Magazine…it’s a good one!!

P1130660

Love this quilt..called Water Lilies…the colours and the (planned) scrappiness of it!!  And Carol Beam, the designer, used the GO! Fabric Cutter and the isosceles triangles dies!  Another die to add to my Wish List!!  In the meantime…there is a template provided.

P1130656

Bonnie Hunter is one of my favourite designers and she has an awesome blog to boot!  I really like this block…if you look closely there is a subtle pinwheel design…very nice…and only two blocks to make…a millions times over…Maybe this is the project to get my mojo back….??

P1130658

AND then there is this Flower Basket quilt…!!  Why do I love basket quilts SEW much?  Whenever I see a quilt with baskets on it I come to a screeching halt!  I stare at the quilt for a long time…and wonder…could I make this one?  Should I make this one?  Hmmmm…

P1130659

So in getting back my mojo…the question IS…should I start something NEW or should I finish something OLD?  This seems to be where I am right now…so what do I DO?  Why I sit and look at the latest Quiltmaker Magazine and dream of future quilts…so many project and so little time…

What to do?…What to do? 

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

12 comments:

  1. IMHO, I say cut a kit for a new project, but finih an old project first.

    That blue quilt in the magazine is amazingly like one that I just finished for m grandson. Come over and have a look, a few posts back. It's sooo similar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking that before I read your post, lol.
    I have too many things started and things I want to do. I think I need to stay away from stores and ideas, and work on what I have;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly I get that way when I am tired. I sit there and stare off into space and think about all I could be doing. I'm just too tired to get up. Next thing you know, it's two hours later, I've done nothing and I'm not anymore rested. Aggravating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be the Vancouver Island air. I have felt that way for the past week. I've started at least eight projects, put them away in plastic containers for when I feel like finishing them, and then gone into the living room to sit and look out the window. I've promised myself this morning that I WILL NOT START ANYTHING NEW! We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do exactly that all too often! My very favorite form of procrastination though, is starting a new project. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the quilt on the front! I really had to decide if it was an "add it to the list" or "nope, you've got too many on the list already!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think of it as a little R & R for your crafty brain...that mojo will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alternate ... spend an hour on something new, then an hour on something old ... it's working for me!

    And I was smitten with those same patterns in QM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...I don't think I could have said it better, your description of "no mojo" is spot on! My boughts come and go, if you find a cure let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope your 'mojo' starts up again soon..maybe it is just the 'post vacation blues?'
    I vote for the blue quilt too!!..very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. definitely start something new...you can always finish the old stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been there done that - start the something new - it seems to release creative energy, that you can apply to old projects too!

    ReplyDelete