Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring is in the AIR…

…how do I know?…WELL…

The trees are in blossom…

image

The wild Trilliums are almost finished…

image

The Bleeding Hearts are magnificent….

image

And THIS was in my MAIL BOX!!!  The Spring and FIRST issue of Primitive Quilts!! YAHOOOOOOO!

P1130541

It’s like no other magazine…the quality of the paper and pictures are so much better and the quilts are…yikes.. I almost said To Die For…but I am attending TWO memorial services today so I won’t say that.. BUT I will say that they are divine!

Let me show you two of my personal favourites…Birds on A Vine by Cherie Ralston…nothing says Spring like birds on a vine…just hanging out..talking about their holiday down south! Open-mouthed smile

P1130548

And then there is this quilt…sigh…Pickin’ Maters by Gloria Parsons..again we have a crow…contemplating lunch by the looks of things.  Love it!

P1130550

I had a hard time narrowing these two down as there are so many wonderful quilts and projects…If you want to see more…and I KNOW you do…then you need to get your hands on a copy!!  It’s SEW worth it!  I can’t wait for Summer!

On another matter…ANNE FROM ST. ALBERT would you PLEASE email me…I have lost my sheet of email addresses for The Sand’s Clubhouse Quilters !!  So goes the story of my life!  I knew I should have ‘put’ them into my computer immediately…but I was too busy having fun!

Now I have to go and SQUEEZE myself into some black dress pants…get out the vice!  As I was saying…I had way too much fun!

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!`P

16 comments:

  1. Isn't that magazine FABULOUS?! I love just about every project in there. My first one will be Lynda Hall's snowmen runner. Didn't I tell you wool was first?

    ps. word verification: BEIGE ....so me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magazine looks fabulous. I like your choices.
    Glad to read you are home and had safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy squeezing!..try and have a good day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine today and love the patterns.
    That should keep me busy for awhile.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you Paulette!-- I'm so pleased you like my little quilt! Been following your blog for a while now!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you got a great shot of the cherry tree..........ours are almost done flowering and the weather hasn't really been good enough to photograph them anyway.......
    Love the magazine shots........hum.......NO!!!! No more stuff :) (whatever)

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you bleeding hearts purple?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are safe at HOME with all the flowers and trees in bloom and a bucket full of mail and winnings to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's an awful lot of chit-chat about that new magazine! I haven't found it yet, but am certainly keeping my eyes open. I made a post just now linking to this post of yours... It is regarding your spring photos (which are lovely by the way)... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the beautiful Spring pictures. I know you will be inspired by the newest issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love spring and the flowering trees. That looks like a very interesting magazine. I will have to see if I can find some place that sells it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got my magazine yesterday at the country loft. love it. it is better than a book.

    kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh I'm jealous of all your spring finery! Hardly any here yet. And they did mention that dreaded four-letter word SNOW.

    I might have to get that magazine - it looks soooooooooooo good! Not sure where I'd find it....is it in stores? I love the look of both those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the lovely spring pictures. We are enjoying autumn in Adelaide (South Australia) but just love spending time in the garden now. Happy quilting, Sue SA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My issue was in yesterday's mail, and I immediately dropped what I was doing to escape with it. I want to make every quilt in it! Like 'Quiltdolls' said, "It's better than a book."

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got my magazine at tthe country loft 2 days ago. still love it. My favorite is the bonnie blue quilt. 1st project in book.

    kim from san diego

    ReplyDelete