Sunday, April 3, 2011

Save the Last Dance…

…for the Quilter’s Coop!  Yup, I just HAD to have one more spin around the dance floor at The Coop before heading on to our day trip in San Diego! 

If you EVER find yourself within a hundred miles of The Coop in Temecula then you HAVE to GO!!  She never fails me!!

P1130148

I went to The Coop three times this trip- once a month since January and EVERY time there were new quilts up on the wall!!  I love that about this shop!!  Something new all the time!!

P1130151

New fabric…and new table toppers…

P1130152

..love the little runner on top of the door!

P1130153

..and their wool is so pretty…

P1130154

A sweet reminder that I own this pattern…a gift from a very sweet friend!

P1130155

I Red heart both these pennies!!

P1130156

Yes, I Red heart EVERYTHING about the COOP!

P1130157

And then a VERY quick last dance through the Wool Lady’s Shop…bought some lovely mottled blue wool…and I was out!!   Michael Buble` would be proud!

P1130161

Good-bye Temecula…till next year!!

P1130162

And of course we WERE driving right by La Mesa on the way to San Diego so I HAD to stop by to say HELLO to JoAnn (Author of Wool Crazy and fellow blogster) at the Country Loft Quilt Shop…but that wasn’t meant to be!  But I did have a nice (quick) chat with her sister Kathie!  Such a lovely lady!

P1130188

A quick tour of this wonderful shop did NOT do it justice!!

Would you believe my first stop was to the bathroom….These were all the things found in there!!

P1130166

Loved this quilt behind the bag display…reminded me of teaching cursive writing!

P1130167

Even the bags are sweet!

P1130169

Above the sink I found this adorable wall hanging…

P1130170

SEW sweet!!

P1130171P1130172P1130173

Remember we are STILL in the bathroom!

P1130174

Ok…leaving the bathroom and LOOK at what is hanging in the hall!!  It’s the Heart to Hand ‘Autumn’ quilt in all it’s splendour!!

P1130176

I have been scouring the countryside looking for all the wool/fabric to make this quilt and I think I’m all set to GO!

P1130177

LOVE this quilt!!P1130178

I thought the use of wool flowers in this basket was sweet…and yoyo’s would be nice too!

P1130190

It’s in the 80’s today but it doesn’t faze these adorable snowmen!!

P1130185

Throughout the shop there are wonderful displays like this one!!

P1130180

Including this one…promoting JoAnne’s newest book, with a display of all her lovely wool creations!!  Too wonderful for words!!

P1130183

This is what JoAnn’s book looks like and you can order it HERE!

image

Here are a few samples of what’s in the book…

P1130184

…and this…

P1130186

…and THIS!!  Be still my Red heart!!

P1130187

Some wonderful creations in this book, that’s for sure!!

Hey, this is the same penny that I was drooling over at the COOP!!  Must be Karma…the pattern has got to come home with me!! (It’s called ‘Fall Fruit’ #298 - Bits and Pieces by Joan)

P1130181

I also fell HARD for this sweet Table topper!!  You can’t see it very well because it was doubled over and tacked down BUT it is gorgeous!!  It’s called ‘Basket Half Full’ by Kathy Carndiff - The Cottage of Carndiff Farms.  (You can order both these patterns from The Country Loft’s on-line shop! HERE!)

P1130182

Oh the lucky ladies who get to shop here regularly!!  AND take classes…AND..

P1130179

..LOOK who their teacher is!!  It’s Kathy Carndiff…designer of the pattern that I just bought!!  Yes, lucky ladies indeed!!  Kathy was so nice and gracious!! (here she is holding my NEW pattern!)

P1130189

SEW…not too shabby for a quick in-out at The Country Loft in La Mesa!!  Now if you should go…be prepared…you will need at least a couple of hours…half an hour just for the bathroom alone!! 

Winking smile

Have a super Sunday and Happy Quilting~P

18 comments:

  1. Lucky you! So it appears that are you are on your back home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to miss them all so much. They have such an adundance of inspiration, I've gone into overload. Well done P!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you made it to the Loft! ....but so sorry that I missed you. It was like being home for a few minutes to see your photos!

    Safe travels home...Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it hard to comment on just one thing on your post, so loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely shops tour this morning, Paulette. It was almost like being there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed visiting The Coop and The Country Loft with you, thank you for taking me along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the visit to both the quilt shops. Luckily since I live so far away I can at least order from them on line. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never go in those stores without loading up, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. a FUN store...2B SURE!! Thanks for taking us along on the virtual tour!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now hon next time you go to either of these places, you just pack up the whole store and ship it to me....yummy yummy things there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so much inspiration! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is gorgeous and the displays are attractive and so full interesting and "must have" things. That bathroom was THE bathroom of all bathrooms. Now i can understand why some people stay in bathrooms for extended periods of time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing and happy trails to yous...hope your trip is a safe one...

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, those were very nice shops. I love all the displays, wouldn't it be wonderful to make everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice coverage of the 'bathroom'!..and the quilt shops too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two shops on my must visit some day list!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love quilt shops that have quilts and things in their bathrooms. I've found pretty cool patterns those places.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a long post but I read and drooled over every word and picture! LOVE that purple, orange and red daisy quilt with gold sashing. Do you remember anything about it other than how great it looks? Would love that pattern. Guess I could email them, duh!

    ReplyDelete