Friday, April 29, 2011

And they lived Happily Ever After…

I am such a sucker for a Royal Wedding!  I eat it up…all the pomp and splendor and magic…thank goodness they only come along every 30 years or so. 

I set my alarm for 2:30am and was just in time to see Will and his brother arrive at the church…so handsome!  Diana would have been so proud!!

 image

The wedding of Will and Kate was everything Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty would have wanted.  The groom was handsome in his red serge uniform and the bride was stunning in her classic lace dress.  The church was right out of the story books…and then to leave in a horse drawn carriage to the cheers of the adoring crowds…well…how could they not live happily ever after? 

Now we’re talking…sealing the deal with a Royal kiss…or TWO!! 

image

…sigh…think I’ll be sewing hearts onto my next quilt…

Have a FAIRY TALE Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

12 comments:

  1. I watched it too. I love the Royals. I hope they have a lifetime of happiness. Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, its over? I thought I was watching it live, lol.


    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous wedding, indeed. I agree, Diana would have been so proud. I wish them much love and happiness.
    Our son is getting married this July. It won't be broadcast for the world. Just a very small simple ceremony in our backyard. A reception and dinner on the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHH so sweet! I watched it up until the Carriage ride...fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they will be very happy. I also the Royal family & the press have learnt from past mistakes and leave them alone and get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched some of the "repeat" clips at about 7-8am Mt time. It was so awesome. What a pretty princess and handsome prince! I wish them to be as happy in the future as they looked today at their wedding!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a fairy tale wedding, wasn't it? I think we all have big hopes and dreams for this couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was lovely...a good wedding reignites the romantic in us all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet and romantic!..and I remember when Diana got married!..geesh does that make me old??..see you tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched precorded.. I was up too late lastnight for "live".. it was beautiful. they looked so happy with each other.I was still kinda young when Charles and Diana were married. watching footage of them lastnight,they did not look dreamy and in love. so Sad. I wish the best for the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was glued to the TV from 7am, when they started the live broadcasts, to 4 pm and then watched the highlight programme from 8 till 10pm. Even DH, who claimed to have no interest, watched (and enjoyed) from when the groom arrived at the Abbey to about 2.30. You've got to agree, we Brits do know how to do pomp and pageantry. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it was a good day have you seen the Official Royal Photos i saw them on the news here a little while ago they look so nice
    They was say one with the Pair with their bridesmaids & pageboys she has her hand on his knee something that wouldn't have happen years ago
    Well all the Pomp & Cermony is something we do well here in the UK
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete