Monday, April 18, 2011

Dieting…

Last night I made Polynesian Chicken Wings (or as my daughters use to call them “Sticky Chicken”).  My husband and I are dieting so I made these to go with baked veggies and salad.  They are delicious and although higher in calories than chicken breast they are worth it.  Orange Juice and lemon juice are used to sweeten them up…plus a little sugar…which I halved. 

image

Here’s the original recipe~

Polynesian/Sticky Chicken Wings

pepper

1/3 c. orange juice

1/3 c. lemon juice

1/3 c. water

1/4 c. soy sauce

1/3 tsp. ground ginger

1 tbsp. cornstarch

1/2 c. sugar

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan (except the chicken wings); mix and boil over moderate heat for 5 minutes.   Lay the wings out in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly roll pan and pour mixture over chicken wings. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until crispy.  Delish!!

Why is it that when you’re on a diet all you can think of is FOOD??

On the quilting front~ This morning I’m off to Heritage Quilting.  I need to take a hand stitching project so I thought I would take along this project that I started in Desert Hot Springs.  Sure would be nice to finish it off!!

P1110675

I really like this little wall hanging…called Autumn Bounty by Kathy Cardiff of The Cottage @ Cardiff Farms. 

The background is in cotton flannels and the applique is done in wool.  I love the pomegranates…hmmm…wonder how many calories are in a pomegranate…they ARE good for you and are SO delicious!  See what I mean…FOOD…CONSTANTLY!!

Have a marvellous Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with the diet and lots of walking. Thanks for the recipe, looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be Spring...everyone is dieting! I was just checking out another blog, Pleasant Home, where she shares a delicious chocolate cake! Mmmm, Sticky chicken and chocolate cake.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Sorry that chocolate cake with sticky chocolate frosting was at Pieced Goods not Pleasant Home. Sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've NEVER made chicken wings. I just might try this tonight! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recipe looks good, but I can't eat sauces. I make mine with pineapple juice. That is a nice piece, will look nice hanging on your wall.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe. My grandkids love this kind of sauce and like when I put it on chicken breasts and serve with rice. Fast and easy!

    Gorgeous quilting.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wing recipe...they sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um...I'm NOT on a diet and all I can think of is food. Love the wallhanging, how cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Food always seems more prevalent on the brain when we know we shouldn't have it! Kathy Cardiff....another favorite designer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My chicken wings are in the oven!! Thanks so much for the recipe. I know we'll love it, and we sure needed something different than our regular fare. You were just in the nick of time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. can you tell me why late at night..all the commercials on TV are food related??..darn it anyway!!??
    the chicken wings look yummy!!!..and you even it out by eating them with vegies and salad!

    ReplyDelete