Friday, April 1, 2011

The Party’s Over…

…at least for me!  It was my last day at Quilting in the Clubhouse…and there were only 6 of us remaining.  Next week they will be down to two!  Yup, definitely time to go!

We still had fun…we may have been low in numbers but we were mighty in force…we partied hearty…complete with a Pizza Lunch compliments of Gwen!!  Thanks Gwen it was a great way to end another wonderful ‘winter’ of Clubhouse Quilting!

So what was everyone making??  Let’s see…

Suzanne finished her gorgeous tablecloth…love it!!

P1130115

For the rest of the day she beaded…look at her set up!!  Love the tray!  See the book in front of her…she was teaching herself how to make that bracelet!!  Yikes!!

P1130121

Here’s the start…

P1130122

…and here it is after 5 hours!  Lovely…and in my colours!!

P1130130

Remember last week, Seattle Judy was working on this sweet little penny…

image

Well look at it NOW!!  Yes, another WOOL CRAZY is born!!  Incredible!!  Look at Judy’s stitching—sheer perfection!!

P1130124

Sew sweet!

P1130125P1130126

Love the little cardinal…with a wee small berry in it’s mouth..

P1130127

Tah-dah!!  Now watch everyone RUSH to Primitive Gatherings to order the kit!!  (that’s including ME!!)P1130128

Phyllis was busy making just ONE MORE trivet!!  I think they may be addictive…be warned!

P1130131

Gwen was busy working on her ‘someday in the future grand-baby's quilt’.  I think she has made enough lone stars to make 4 or 5 baby quilts!!  BUT all of them are going to be adorable!!  And you just never know….

P1130133P1130134

And what did I tell you…Anne FINISHED this lovely black and white flimsy!!  Spectacular, isn’t it?!!  She said she will bring it back next year all quilted up for our annual Quilt Show!  Can’t wait!

P1130119

There are no flies on Anne!!  It was on to yet another project…this intricate table topper!

P1130135P1130136

…done up in lovely shades of blue batiks!!  I sure hope she brings this one back to share too!!

P1130137 

Ohhhh…and I just HAD to share her new Janome!!  Isn’t she pretty and look at her long arm!!  I’m in love!

P1130138

Such a fun day!!  I pinned and glued the rest of my Settler’s Pride blocks…getting them ready for stitching and then finished marking the Gail Pan Christmas Quilt using my new Gel Pen and the Clubhouse Light Box.  The Gel Pens flowed like a dream making a nice light line!

I was going to take a group picture around our pizza lunch but we must have been hungry because we were too busy chowing down to remember!!  All in all…a wonderful day and an even better Winter!!  I am going to miss my Clubhouse Girls!!

…Till next year ladies!!  Safe travels!

Have a FUN FRIDAY and Happy Quilting!~P

14 comments:

  1. It is amazing how diverse your group is and how beautiful their projects are. Definitely an inspiring group and I can see why you get so much done.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed Clubhouse Quilting Days with you - I'm going to miss them, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet but bitter - I feel it coming off the page. Hopefully you will bring Spring home with you. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the daffodils are awaiting your return, Paulette. Thanks for the weekly quilt show ladies!

    Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodbye Clubhouse Girls, but HELLO Heritage Quilters, can't wait to see you and your projects. We're all looking forward to your return!!
    Have a great trip up the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see the completed projects and even some new ones started...I'm sure you will miss the clubhouse quilting, but from the comments looks like more than a few folks are looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The party may be over
    but
    ahhhh, those memories will linger.
    I can't tell you how much I enjoyed 'visiting' the desert once again.
    Thanks for all the good times via your blogging.
    Hugs,
    Gerry in mid-Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Clubhouse Girls are so talented! How fortunate that you get to spend the winter together. I've enjoyed seeing all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well now that it's getting hot there, yes it's time to leave...but so fun that you have such talented friends to come back to! Love the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the beautiful projects and the fun day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. a sad and happy day all rolled into one!..what beautiful work your 'clubhouse girls' do!!..can't wait till next year, to see what they are all working on!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of the projects - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful projects all! I couldn't pick a favorite! Karen

    ReplyDelete