Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It’s the Thought That Counts…

I thought you might like to see the gifts that I made for a couple of my friends and family…It’s safe to show as they have all been unwrapped…

P1250134 - Copy

This is a ‘Primitive Pieces’ pattern called… ‘Rudolph’ and I notice that Lynda has the pattern for sale as a KIT for only $8.95!!  Cheaper than most patterns and it’s for the whole shebang! (Her version is a mat..)

Sweet…eh?

Rudolph (1)

And Glynis has also been busy sewing for her friends and family…Snow Flakes by Farmhouse Threads !  Dang cute…DSCF3390-001

I might have to dig this pattern out and take it with me!! 

AND Glynis made FOUR of these sweet mats (yes, she has a lot of friends!!)!  This one is living at my house and I just love him!

P1250284 - Copy

All together… “AHHHHHdorable!”

P1250285 - Copy

Last year Claire made me the snowman in a mitten pillow…this year she made the Santa pillow!  SEW sweet!! 

P1250282 - Copy

I know..I need a bigger bowl!

P1250283 - Copy

And look at what Sandy (our new to quilting friend) whipped up…that is a lot of applique on this VERY sweet tea towel…(heaven help the person who actually USES it!! haha)

P1250286

I don’t know which is more fun…to give or to receive…OK,OK, I think we all know what the CORRECT answer to THAT is…but really it’s the thought that counts!  And these gifts all amount to some wonderful thoughts that I will treasure for years to come!

What about you? Are you frantically stitching up something wonderful for that special someone in your life?  Come on we want to hear about it…

Have a lovely day…and all the best getting those projects finished…15 days to go!~P

13 comments:

  1. Love your reindeer! They are way too cute - hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and have a safe journey. I would invite you to stay a night with us but we are off the beaten path and snowed in.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such very cute reindeer! Love all your sweet gifts! Save travels!!!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun pieces and I did get the rudolph when she offered it as a freebie. I am in the mood to do some applique, just need to get in the room and start cutting. Baby is sleeping for now, so maybe i can slip in for an hour.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're really lucky, you can make some real snowmen down there in California. Better pack a heavy coat and gloves, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I hadn't counted the days until Christmas. 15, I can't believe it. Love all your Christmas goodies. The reindeer are tooo cute. I've had that sweet little snowman wall hanging on my list for a few years now. This year I was going to use wool for the first time. I think there might still be time as it looks pretty easy once the snowman is done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely gifts..to make and receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reindeer are so cute! Would have been fun to make and better yet to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How in the world do you guys get so much done!!!! I am feeling very inadequate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. todos me gustan
    el tapiz copos de nieve precioso
    "este año tengo la coponievemania"
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved everything, Linda is one of my favorite designers,,
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "flakes" pieces are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an awesome collection of decorations and I admire the effort of each of your friends. I think I want to hunt down a few of those patterns myself! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should post a disclaimer on your blog, or at least a warning, that reading your blog can be hazardous to your checkbook. I went right over to Lynda and ordered the kit for the reindeer. Geesh!

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete