Tuesday, June 26, 2012

You Heard It Here FIRST…

Hey there is a new gal in Blogland…Her name is Jackie and she has just recently joined the Canadian Quilters’ Association (CQA/ACC) Board of Directors!  Now this may sound boring (as soon as I hear Association and Board of Directors in one sentence, I tend to zone out)…but It’s All Good…just THINK about it…if we read Jackie’s NEW BLOG then we will be the first to find out the scoop on any and every Quilt Show or Quilt Conference in British Columbia!  And that would DEFINITELY be a good thing!! 

A little bit of background on the Canadian Quilters’ Association~ Formed in 1981, the aims and objectives of the Canadian Quilters’ Association/Association canadienne de la courtepointe (CQA/ACC) are:

  • to promote a greater understanding, appreciation, and knowledge of the art, techniques, and heritage of patchwork, appliqué, and quilting
  • to promote the highest standards of workmanship and design in both traditional and innovative work
  • to foster cooperation and sharing among quilt makers across the country.

All good things in my book!  They want to bring quilters together and to showcase Canadian quilting talent… so every two years they pick a city from across Canada where they host a huge Quilting Conference…this year (or rather next year, 2013) it will be held in Penticton, B.C., Canada…May 6-13 are the dates to circle on your 2013 calendar!

image

In the meantime, make sure you visit Jackie’s new blog and find out more about our Canadian Quilters and about our Canadian Bloggers!!

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Jackie could unify the Quilter Shops of Canada and get the price of Fabric down!!  Perhaps it would mean Quilters storming Parliament Hill…NOW that’s what I call a NEWS worthy broadcast!!  (I’ll make the SIGNS and the Egg Salad Sandwiches…!!)

And speaking of NEWS Worthy…Look at what my friend, Marie found on her beach on the Oregon Coast…Imagine going for a walk and stumbling onto this!!

It’s a old dock from the Japanese Tsunami that has washed up onto their beach…

DSC02882

The authorities scrubbed and burned all the little creatures and seaweed off the dock before burying them in an 8 ft hole!  I guess they were invasive creatures and would create havoc with the environment.  Now the dock will be dismantled and destroyed.

DSC02881 There you have it…all this important world NEWS on Sweet P’s Blog!!:O) Yup..you heard it here first…this is Sweet P signing off…

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

9 comments:

  1. I feel so informed! I hope all your dreams come true. Imagine fabric costs descending!!!

    I saw that dock on the news. That is quite large, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You didn't mention winning JAM's new book! I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much!!!! I really appreciate it! Watch it get more followers than my own blog! LOL=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I can get a scholarship so I can join?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie had good weather at our Oregon Coast. Yesterday I went to Pioneer Quilts,love that store but be sure to stop in again. Purchase a book called Primitive Christmas by Lisa Bongean & Carole Charles, must have book. Sally from Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping to get over to the coast to see that dock before it's dismantled. Hope they "dismantlers" have better luck that the guys who tried to remove a beached whale from the beach here many years ago. That incident is still talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, and this is why I read your blog EVERY day!! Interesting about that dock - so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that will be nice to have an event like that, that you can attend. Wish we had more closer to me. Amazing what washes up on a beach, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie had good weather at our Oregon Coast. Yesterday I went to Pioneer Quilts,love that store but be sure to stop in again. Purchase a book called Primitive Christmas by Lisa Bongean & Carole Charles, must have book. Sally from Oregon

    ReplyDelete