Sunday, May 29, 2011

Garage Sale…Rain or Shine…!

…If you have ever had a Garage Sale then you know how much work they are…these pictures were taken towards the end of the day…  ‘stuff’ was packed on tables inside the garage and then went right up both sides of the driveway…

image  ..and around the corner!

image

Upon looking at these pictures I am amazed at how bare each area is…(compared to what we put out in the morning)! We couldn’t put out all the clothes right away as we had no room and…look…hardly anything left!!  Next year I will have to take ‘before and after’ pictures.

These pictures don’t show you all the fun we had too!  Lots of laughs… especially when everything goes on ‘sale’…  “Tell you what, I’ll give YOU $1 to take away this filing cabinet??…OK…make it $2!”

This story had a VERY happy ending…we made over $1300!!  Amazing when you think of all the junk that was out there!!  But then you know the old saying…one woman’s trash, is another woman’s treasure!

Hope you have a SUNNY Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

19 comments:

  1. WOW! Now what are you going to invest your new found wealth? I'll bet a new wool quilting project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a very successful garage sale! They are a LOT of work though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I am doing one next month - if I do HALF as well as you did, I will be happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love/hate relationship with garage sales. Right now I'm in the hate phase. I'm cleaning out closets and giving everything to my neighbor who is going to have a garage sale in a couple of weeks....I told her she could have any money she makes on this stuff if she'll just take it off my hands! :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on beating last years total! Now 'fess up...what treasures came home with YOU?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you had a lot of loot out there.
    I just can not stand to have one more garage sale. I cart it all off to Good Will and am glad to do so. I don't mind scrounging around VISITing garage sales, but I just don't have the time to set it up anyyyymorrrrre.
    Glad yours went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. time for the truth now!..what did you bring home?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with Carol above, the thought of having another yard sale makes me crazy. I always have a bag ready for the Salvation Army, but $1300 makes me think maybe just one more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is one awesome garage sale! Glad it went well for you. I was just telling my little one how much better the garage sales were when we lived in BC compared to here. Oh well ,it means I collect a lot less stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yard sales must go higher than ours, lol.
    With ours, we are lucky to make 200 bucks.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's impressive! I bet it feels so much better not having all of those things in your house anymore! Nothing feels as good as a clean room/area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's quite a take for one day! Made all the work worth it, I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so awesome! I didn't take pictures of our sale, but we had huge success too! It's fun to be consolidating as things sell! and what an awesome reward...$1300!!! Definitely a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like everyone's day was a winner.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great amount for your sale, and glad it did so well for you. I love going to them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you! I've had a few and vowed I'd never do it again, lol...that's a great amount of money to make!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great garage sale - I'd stop for certain! I like the end-of-day sales too, we had so much fun foisting off toys to kids at the end of our last one! "Oh, that dolly needs a friend, take this one!" We had our Town-Wide tag sale this weekend so lots of action. That's a great haul, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like so much fun (to go to, not to set up)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a nice celebration the end of the day.It look so beautiful arrangement around garages.Nice project idea to show in this article.

    ReplyDelete