Monday, December 28, 2009

Keepsakes……..

I made this penny rug for my daughter, Erin and her husband Rhett.  They were married this summer in the backyard of their “get away” home (which is located in a small town called Blairemore in Alberta -which is in the mountains of the Crow’s Nest Pass).  P1040280

I stumbled onto this pattern at the Buggy Barn Quilting Shop …and it reminded me of their wedding….the Crow representing the Crow’s Nest Pass and the Ball Mason jar because they had put flowers in a medley of vases, with antique blue Mason Jars being some of them.  These vases graced the tables at the reception.

P1040276 P1040277 P1040278  The Pattern is called “A Summer Bouquet” by Country Stitches (Brenda Gervais’ design).  It was a fun one to stitch up!  I put pennies around it instead of tongues.

P1040281  P1040274 P1040275

Just before I wrapped the penny rug I stitched their initials and ‘09 on one of the brown pennies. A nice keepsake of their wedding day…

IT’S FREE!  If you like to do Redwork then you need to hop over to Alex Anderson’s place as she is giving 12 blocks away for FREE!  She has 3 ready for us to download right now and will be adding the rest at intervals.

image Alex is calling them the 12 Days of Redwork.  I can’t wait to see them stitched into a quilt…a nice winter project…I’m not crazy about the hearts but I love the flowers….

Have a marvelous Monday and Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

  1. Paulette,

    Cute, Cute ! and what a perfect fit to commemerate your daughter's wedding ! I'm glad you showed us. . .I think my DS and DIL would like it too, she has been collecting the blue mason jars. They have an enclosed porch off of the living room with windows on all of the 2 outside walls. There is a shelf above the windows (probably 20 to 25' of shelf)and has the blue Mason jars on that shelf with mini-lights in and behind them. It's so pretty ! So I think this would be perfect ! Again, thanks for the picture and source ! Nice work too, BTW !

    Thanks to for the A.A. redwork link ! I will have to check that out too !

    Beth in ND ( Still digging out after our Christmas blizzard ! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful pattern, I like the jar and it would be great to change around.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pennyrug, Paulette and a super gift to commemorate your daughter's wedding. I just love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful penny rug, and so perfect as a reminder of their wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same penny rug. :-) Yours is equally lovely. I posted about the embroidery freebie yesterday...I'm looking forward to seeing who all will offer what free this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paulette the penny rug is just gorgeous...you have done a fantastic job..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paulette, the penny rug us delightful, Looking forward to seeing what you get up too in the new year.
    Happy Blogging
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tweeds in the penny rug and the design is beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the penny rug Paulette and it is so personalized for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this pattern and I love it! Need to get it out and work on it :o) Thanks for the redwork link!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great memento to give them. I bet they were thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the story contained in the penny rug. It was pretty before, but those are the touches that give it special meaning.

    I'm heading over to Alex's blog to download those patterns. I have an idea that's been brewing and I think they'd be perfect for it (although I agree with you... I'd probably eliminate the hearts). Thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete