Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Woolie Wednesday

Last week I finally returned to the Wool Lady Shop in Old Town Temecula…How cute is this!?…LOVE this shop!!image

Picture wall to wall shelves of lovely soft wool in a rainbow of colours!  My friend, Judy was favourably impressed…in fact she was down right speechless…!

image

And then there is this WALL of PATTERNS for lovely wool projects!!

P1110811

Some sweet little examples on the wall….

P1110812P1110813

All kinds of threads….

P1110814

Tons of Rug Hooking supplies….

P1110815

Stitchery Patterns plus the linen and threads to do them with….

P1110816P1110817

Another little nook full of even more wool!!

P1110818

Fancy threads for Fibre Art Projects…P1110819

Cute little displays…

P1110820

I loved this little snowman penny…

P1110821

Here’s a close up!!  Just look at that yummy blue mottled wool…I should have bought some!!  Darn!

P1110822

Here’s Seattle Judy…Sold on wool work…Come on Judy, hold up your loot!!

P1110823

Yup, another wool crazy lady!!  Judy was thrilled with her purchases!

P1110824

This is what I bought!  Gorgeous hand dyed wools…I am hoping to use this wool when I make this…P1110856

It’s called Autumn by Heart to Hand!  (These wools are more muted and mottled in real life.)

image

I hope you get to have a Woolie Wednesday too.. and Happy Quilting!~P

22 comments:

  1. Now that is a store I could go broke in, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a shop! I'm just drooling over all those wools!

    You bought a lovely selection of colours-great taste with the quilt:) I have just posted my almost completed first three blocks and I am soooo loving working with the wools and the Japanese wovens.

    Away for another lookie at that yummy shop:)

    Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you make up your mind with so many outstanding choices? Can't wait to see your "Autumn" project done. We have Winter here right now, literally covered in snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shop looks fantastic! Oh and all that wool, woo lie heaven! Love the pieces you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! California, here I come ..... (insert music here) Just have to go and visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a yummy shop. I wouldn't know where to start. I think my mouth would be hanging open. I could definitely spend a long time there. I haven't found a good wool store in NH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that snowman one too. I might just have to make a trip down there on Saturday...She was closed the last time I was down at Quilter's Coop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful shop - I know you two had lots of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heavenly! We don't have any kind of shop like this or carries even 1/4 of that kind of stuff. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful assortment of colour and projects. The Autumn project is a stunner and as I hope to be in the US in the fall this year maybe I can pick up some of these autumnal beauties myself (if I can trick the family into finding a quilt shop or two).

    ReplyDelete
  12. My eyes have turned green with envy. Love what you bought. Can't wait to see your project done--along with all your others--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the fun I could have in that shop, although it would be so difficult to control myself! (Let's see, I'll take one of those, and one of those...and...oh heck, I'll take one of EVERYTHING!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, as I drool all over my laptop..you went again LOLOL..I guess I wouldn't be able to resist either..so drooling still lolol..have to find a shop here in Ontario to go loose myself in... happy travels..ps: love all your finds on here...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful shop - love that pattern you got the wool for!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Woolie Wednesday to you, Paulette..you would need your woolies if you were here!..big arctic front coming in..-10 celcius this week, supposedly!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this shop. you must have had a wonderful time.. I can see it in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great looking shop & such a selection you must think your in heaven going there
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did you just hear that 'thunk'?

    That was me swooning and falling off my chair!

    OMG! Don't let me near that shop. I'd definitely have to mortgage the house!

    Love that quilt, Paulette...and of course your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wanted: Vacation time and some extra money to head to The Wool Lady Shop!
    Paulette do they have a web site?
    Most amazing store, I would probably get really dizzy in here.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my ! Who managed to finally drag you out of the store!!! What a great place to fed a great addiction! I too loved the snowman! He would fit right in at our house...we are still knee deep!

    ReplyDelete