Monday, February 21, 2011

A Senior’s Moment….??

…I’ve been having a lot of those lately!!  I forgot that I was going to show you more of this quilt from the Hemet Quilt Show…the pattern is from Primitive Gatherings and it’s called Folk Art Album. 

This quilt stopped me in my tracks!  STUNNING!! The black background is a super soft flannel and the white is a mottled beige in the same soft fabric.  Gorgeous work…

IMG_3879

Let me show you some close up pictures..the wool is so vibrant and the colours are gorgeous!  Oh, heck…let me just show you all the  pictures so that you can see for yourself!

IMG_3880

IMG_3881IMG_3882IMG_3884IMG_3885IMG_3886IMG_3887IMG_3888

A true work of art!

IMG_3891

There you have it!  The quilt is all wool appliqued by hand with machine quilting.

I took several pictures of the quilter’s card…I’m hoping we can see who she is and give her some well deserved recognition!

 

IMG_3890

I hope when you click on each picture you can see her workmanship!!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting~P

20 comments:

  1. You are right....Lola has made a magnificent piece of art. I do envy all the fun you are having, all the quilt shows and fabric shops and meeting up with other quilters you are getting to do. We had a great weekend in Logan...in the snow...cuddling our sweet granddaughter and seeing Brian Regan (a comedian). If you ever get a chance to see one of his shows...do it! He is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a stunning work of art--thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilt. I have mine out, now i need to work on it again. I used patterns from different books, so once I have the applique blocks done, I have to fit in some crazy pieces to fit it all together.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beauty. Are you going to order a kit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree totally. She did an awesome job and the wool colors are beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great week!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work...thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is amazing, a fine peice of art! Thank you for the great photos. I love seeing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt, looks like another one for my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. Wool is so warm and rich looking. Thanks for showing us this quilt. I would love to make it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a stunning quilt and Primitive Gatherings is one place that I would love to visit. It is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful adventures with us! I love all the great places you've gone (especially the quilty ones!) and all of the pictures. I am from AZ, now living in Vancouver Wa, and I so envy your trips down south...oh to see the sun again. When my son is grown I am packing up our little RV and heading south - with or without the spouse (he has been warned!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. just beautiful!..oh to have the time to do such great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a Primitive Gathering addict...thank you for filling my need!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Realy so beautiful, thank you for showing us...I just bought a lot of colors wool....inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you posted this - I have finished this top but haven't decided how to quilt it. Mine is hand appliqued as well and I'm considering machine quilting. Just can't decide. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete