Saturday, February 26, 2011

Why Do I Blog?

…because I get to meet the nicest people, that’s why!!  For instance, yesterday I wrote about ‘Stitching Lines’…this product here…

image

(If you missed it, you can read yesterday’s post here to find out about this awesome product!)

Anyways… low and behold I get the nicest email from Mary the INVENTOR of this product!!  How cool is that!! 

I discovered Mary’s blog (Marin and Colusa’s Blog) and read all about Stitching Lines…she has videos on how to use this product- plus additional videos on how to use ‘Stitching Lines’ to make Snowball blocks faster and easier!  Mary also shows how we can turn a large square into 8 half square triangles using the Stitching Lines!!

Hurry over and see how incredible these little lined strips are…and when you are finished looking, you will probably want to go to Mary’s on-line shop (Marin and Colusa)…to order your own package of 100 strips!! 

Yes, you meet the nicest people while blogging…oh and did I mention how Mary is sending me a FREE package so that I can try it out for myself!!  Incredible!  Thanks so much, Mary!!

On the quilting front…I know you are probably getting sick of these little baskets but…I finished the hand quilting last night and I’m hoping to get the binding on this weekend!!  Yahoo!

P1110910P1110912

Eye rolling smileGo ahead…humour me!! Check out the stitching… Winking smile

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

21 comments:

  1. Through blogging you can meet the nicest people. :-) Enjoy trying Stitching Lines.

    Love your basket quilt - it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I have met so many wonderful ladies and guys who quilt. I love the look of hand stitching.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is outstanding! I've yet to try hand quilting. Your work is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have done a wonderful job on this basket quilt. Stitching is great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, for one, am very pleased that you do blog! I love the baskets -such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I could get tired of looking at those baskets...love them! I have to check out the Stitching lines, looks quite handy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, I've met the most awesome friends through blogging. I'll never get tired of those baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. people who meet people are the most wonderful people in the world...oh man...I just broke out in song...

    the baskets are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never show those baskets too many times. They are so wonderful and your quilting looks gorgeous. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. went to Marin and Colusa's website - shipping to Duncan is only $3.95 and then to the blog - and there you were- she thanked you for mentioning her product. very cool Paulette! And your quilt is splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your baskets and would never tire of looking at them. Your stitching is great. Do you use a hoop on a small quilt like this? I love the look of hand quilting, especially on little quilts, but like applique, I keep putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baskets are so cute and I did look at your stitches. I give you an A++. They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I for one never tire of lovely little applique baskets. Lovely colours and beautiful work. We are lucky to have you to take us where others fear to tread!. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your basket quilt is simply gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well how nice is that! What a lovely lady. Your baskets are too darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary is very sweet! I sent her a link of your post about the Stitching Lines. :-) I'm glad she contacted you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. humouring done!..nice work on the stitches!!!..and yes, you do meet the nicest people by blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never tire of seeing your work or reading your blogs, I am very happy for you in Mary recognizing you. Your work is great always be proud! By the way your blog is most enjoyable all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't quilt bloggers so generous!!! I love your basket quilt. It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete