Friday, February 25, 2011

Life Just Got Easier…

…for Colleen that is!!  She discovered the Stitching Lines and LOVES it!  Colleen confessed that she has a hard time making nice straight accurate stitching lines down the diagonal when sewing two squares to make perfect half square triangles.  SEWWWW…when she heard about this product she thought she would give it a try!

P1110891

Here’s how it works…lay the strip corner to corner…matching the centre line to the point of the square and stitch away on the dotted lines….

P1110892

Colleen chain pieced them…she was flying along when I dropped by…

P1110893

See the centre solid line…well that is where you would cut the two half Square Triangles apart.  I wanted to see how well the paper comes off (being a sceptic I thought for sure it would pull the threads)…BUT look!  You fold back the paper on the stitching line…

P1110894

and it practically breaks apart on it’s own…no pulling the threads!

P1110895

No more drawing lines for Colleen!  She is sold and will be stocking up before going home!  The papers come in 10” length so you can trim to the length you want.

P1110896

They are a good thing!  Colleen bought her package at the local Quilting Shop.  I might have to try them out and see for myself… that is if there are any packages left after Colleen stocks up!!

We are having a ‘girls’ day out’ today…toodling off to Yucca Valley to visit a few Thrift Shops and poke around two quilt shops.  Ahhh life is sweet!

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. I would still find a way to sew crooked, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having such a great time. Thanks for sharing all the great shops that you are going to. I love living vicariously through you. Thanks for sharing.

    Great product but I think I'll stick to marking my lines. It does look helpful though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a neat notion. Enjoy your day and hopefully you'll find a few wool suits you can shrink up for some stitching projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can also use those for snow ball blocks. i have some.

    kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! Definitely something to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy that looks great! Maybe I need to try them! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review of Stitching Lines. I am the creator and am so glad you like them. They also work great for Flying Geese rectangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many things out there to help us poor quilters do a more accurate job but we don't know about them all. So thanks for sharing and helping the end product look just a little better.
    Have fun in Yucca!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd still find a way to mess that up, lol - it's not in me to sew a straight line! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..cool... love to see and hear about new easier ways and tools... I know a few ladies who would love this..thanks for sharing..have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those tips hot of the presses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. interesting tool!!..have a nice 'girls day out'!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you will have visited every nook & cranny of every thrift store or quilt shop for miles around before you head back north.

    ReplyDelete