Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilt Show at The Sands?

When the quilters arrived at The Sands RV Resort this year we were told that sometime in February the Park wanted to put on a Quilt Show/Craft Show highlighting all the activities the Park has to offer. 

We all looked at each other and said… “Do you YOU have anything to show?”  When they got to me my answer was…well I have a quilt on my couch..

P1110737

And I made a runner for the fireplace…

P1110735

And there is the RV tablecloth that I just finished…but that I haven’t used…(and may never use as I love it too much to slop on!!)

P1110733

And I have a hexagon flimsy that is ALMOST finished…and has been in a tupperware bin the last two years…if worse comes to worse, I can haul this one out..

P1110730

P1110732

But that’s about it…we are all in the same boat with only 2 or 3 three quilts each.  It’s just not something that you fill your RV with! 

Lucky for us, Anne flew home for a funeral…and brought back 6 or 7 quilts to put into the show.  I can’t believe I just SAID THAT!!  Sorry Anne!!  Please accept my heart felt condolences…but as they say in Show Business…the SHOW must go on!

Oh…did I mention the Quilt/Craft Show is TODAY!!  I’ll keep you posted!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. How fun...can't wait to see the pictures from the show.

    Love what you have so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the show will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think you have quite a few beautiful things to show. Love how you did your hexagons.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do wonderful work. thanks for sharing. can't wait to see pics from show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and how did you do your hexagons? - paper pieced? plastic template?snowed in the south end last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lively bunch you have and I just know YOU are a laugh a minute.

    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fact that you have 3 quilts in your RV is astounding! I bet you'll all have a blast today. What a great idea. I can hardly wait for retirement!!! It's like a quilt show every week down there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your items will be wonderful! There must be a good number of quilters there for the show idea!

    I love your hexagon project! I have just started experimenting with making some and was wondering what to do with them if I keep going. Looks like I found my solution!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys really do need a quilt show - you all make such wonderful things! This should be an annual event, so start planning for it, lol! Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think you earned best of show in the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures from this as all the show and tell's you share with us have such wonderful work going on.

    ReplyDelete