Before I do anything I have to tell you about a fellow Canadian's giveaway!! Marlene, at Sipiweske Quilt Designs, made a gorgeous wall hanging that she is giving away in celebration of her 200th post!!! Hurry on over....that is AFTER you have finished reading my post (and tell her Paulette sent you). Check out the the picture-isn't it gorgeous!
I have the perfect spot for this......!!
I'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!! (YIKES!!! What does this mean???)
I have been tagged by Cheryl. Apparently this means that I must tell 10 things about myself that you don't know and then I have to tag 10 other people. Hmmmmm......here goes....
1. I love chocolate....heck I love anything sweet! It's my downfall.....I also love Starbucks Kenya coffee! Another vice.....
2.I break china and glue it onto things (call them mosaics). Very similar to quilting but instead of cutting fabric I break china and then instead of sewing I glue it onto something ie. See the watering can on my header-yup, china glued onto a watering can.
3. I've been married (second times lucky!) for 17 years to a great guy who is willing to stop at every and all quilting shops across Canada and USA. How sweet is that...!
4. If you have been reading my blog you know that I have three daughters but did you know that one is a teacher, one is a lawyer and one is an economist. Mama's so proud......See if you can tell which is which...?
Which one is which- teacher, lawyer, economist??? (Answer is at the bottom....)
5.I have gone to the Tucson's Gem and Bead Show TWICE! It is like 40 football fields full of bead displays.....overwhelming!!! Check out the pics- this is only part of 1 venue (there really are over 40 huge venues!!!)
6. I LOVE to make concrete leaves and hypertufa pots. See picture below.
7. I have belonged to Beta Sigma Phi for over 28 years. It is an International Women's Cultural Group.
8. I always wanted to be an Home Economics (sewing) Teacher......alas....
9. BUT I did teach Grade one (as well as Kindergarten, Gr. 2, 3 and 4) before I retired 2 years ago. I loved every minute of it!
10. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE retirement!!! Everyday is Saturday!
(Answer to question #4 -Economist, Teacher and Lawyer)
Now comes the fun part - I get to tag 10 other people -Now we can find out more about them!
Wow! That was a lot of work.....now it is your turn. We want to know ALL about you!
PS....regarding KIM'S SUCKING MY WILL TO LIVE CHALLENGE (or as you know it- Kim's August Clean Out/Finish Up Challenge) -I'll have you know that the $%$$# snowballs are ALL finished and ready to roll!!! Hopefully pictures tomorrow!!! :o) THANKS KIM!!! I may even stop calling them the #$#$@ snowballs!....but not today!
Stash Report - When I was going back and forth to my doctor appointments I’ve also been periodically stopping at the thrift stores. I was able to find some fabric. The ...
6 hours ago