Monday, November 24, 2014

Making It on Monday…

Here are a few snippets of what quilters are working on while at Heritage Quilting on Mondays..

Hazel has been busy appliqueing…this quilt is going to become a cherished wedding quilt when she is finished! Stunning!

IMG_2414

Sandy was stitching this pillow closed and I BELIEVE it will be going under the tree for her daughter!  Very sweet!

IMG_2415

Yup..Glynis whipped this Quilt top up in a matter of minutes and it is about to get ‘pinned’!  How cute is this!  Another quilt that will be going under wraps!

IMG_2416

Jane’s Hexies were putting a ‘hex’ on me!  Love the fabrics in these!

IMG_2418

DANG CUTE!!  This will be going into a row quilt…wool stockings…

IMG_2421

…with needle felted tops!  Screaming SWEET!

IMG_2422

More hand quilting…Yup…I’m loving this one too!

IMG_2423

Most quilts and runners get their bindings stitched on while at Heritage…the perfect project for the perfect project!

IMG_2425

And there are always big tables put up for this very purpose…pinning a quilt…getting it ready for either hand quilting or machine quilting!

IMG_2523IMG_2524

These tables are in hot demand…get a number! 

IMG_2531

And a close-up…all hand stitched!!  A beauty!

IMG_2532

And of course there are plenty of quilters carrying their own creations…

A tumbler bag…

IMG_2549

…filled with pockets and flaps!

IMG_2550

And check out this one…Yowzers…lots of work in this one…but the attention to detail makes it unique and one of a kind!

IMG_2551

Gorgeous!!

IMG_2552

And this was our Block of the Month!  Magnificent!!  A block is presented (taught) at the beginning of the month…the rules are given…ie colours and technique and those wishing to participate can make a block. The blocks gets put it in a special box and a raffle ticket with the participant’s name goes into the Give Away bin.  If you make five blocks, you get five chances…and at the end of the month you might just win enough blocks to make a QUILT!! 

IMG_2270

Who wouldn’t LOVE to win this gorgeous quilt?!  Major SCORE!!

So there you have it…SEW I wonder what the quilters will be working on today?  I better take my camera just in case!

Have a Making it kind of Monday and Happy Stitching!~P

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure those quilters will be up to something fabulous, they are so talented. Wish I had a group like that near me. I know I'd be very inspired by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fun quilts and I love the stockings. I do have stocking quilts and that is on my to do list.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your group looks like so much fun. I wish I had a group like that near me!

    I do love the needle felting on the stockings. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Needle felted tops! Too cute. I hope you will be able to share the rest of the quilt down the road -- it's looking very creative so far. :D

    I like the idea of sewing a binding at a group meeting. Not much concentration is needed, so it would give you plenty of time to chat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your show and tell posts. There is always so much going on and plenty of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a prolific bunch you hang out with, P! Love the big red star, and the blue star blocks at the end. Oh and all the rest of it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paulette the projects are all spectacular! What a bunch of talented ladies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many lovely projects how lucky are you to be meeting with these ladies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this show and tell. I really love the blocks in the BOM...what a great prize someone will win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to make that reverse color star (my name for it) for quite some time. What a nice win for some lucky quilter.

    ReplyDelete