Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Friday Night Finish!

I gave a little spontaneous HAPPY dance in front of the TV last night as I put the last stitch into this UFO!  Whew!  This one has been hanging around my neck for four or five YEARS!!  IMG_2473-001

I don’t know why it took so long…I slowly hand embroidered the wee reindeer in each star…then put it away.

IMG_2476-001

A few months (ok maybe a year…) later I  got it out and hand appliqued the matching big reindeer in the corner…then put it away.

IMG_2474

So the cycle went…until just lately I got it out (it IS Christmas!) and quilted it but it didn’t get put away…oh no, I quickly put the binding on and it became my evening work!  And now it’s DONE!!

I don’t know why some projects are like that?  You know…they go on FORRRRRRRRREVER…. I guess I just wasn’t totally ‘into’ the project!  But now that it’s a quilt…I’m lovin’ it!!  :o))

FYI…This pattern is called ‘Magical Christmas’ by Lynette Anderson and it was a FREE pattern on Henry Glass’ website. (The pattern is probably ‘out there’ but you will have to probably search for it! My copy is long gone….) I stumbled onto the fabric, which is also Lynette Anderson’s!  Cute and whimsical with the same sweet reindeer in the print.  So although it took FOREVER to complete…it turned out pretty darn adorable! That Lynette Anderson has got the market covered on being adorable!

Have a Super Saturday and Happy Saturday!~P

PS…  Gloria to the RESCUE!!  Here is the link to Lynette’s pattern!!  Click HERE for a copy of the FREE PATTERN!!  Thanks so much, Gloria!!

13 comments:

  1. I downloaded this last year. The pattern is in a bag with the fabrics I took from my stash and that is as far as I got! Perhaps this year....

    http://lynetteandersondesigns.typepad.com/files/magical-christmas-free-patetrn.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog and fond myself inspired by all your projects and added myself as a GFC follower and your blog to my blogroll. Always fun to meet new friends...I welcome you and your readers to stop by: myplvl.blogspot.com. I run a fun linky on TUesday's too! Hopefully you'll like what you see and become a follower too. With smiles. Val:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! A finish! Celebrating for you here! Inspiring! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. you deserve an award!!! it is adorable and you have a Christmas quilt done before Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Update with a Link to the pattern. Cute Reindeer. I used to collect them for Christmas. Made a shirt that said Merry Kiss-Moose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing the quilt and it was well worth the wait, you did a beautiful job on it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is super cute. You had all that sweet embroidery and hand applique done! Glad you finished it and can offically cross it off your list. And you can use it this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It might have taken a few years but such a delightful Christmas quilt you now have. Off to check out the pattern now, I do love Lynette`s fabrics and patterns but they are so pricey here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a great quilt SP and the embroidered reindeer are lovely. Now it's all finished up you can enjoy it over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the finish of this UFO, it was worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, what a great pattern. Why did it take so long? LOL

    ReplyDelete