Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We’re Quilters at Heart but…

I have nothing quilty to write about this morning…yup…I’m at a loss for words!  I am STILL appliqueing that blinking vine down on the Homespun House Quilt …will it EVER end? 

I may not have much on the quilting front to show but I did go to Beading on Monday…Here’s the GANG!

Just ME and Sienna!!

P1210647

Ok…I confess…I didn’t put up the poster advertising that Beading was starting in the Main Clubhouse!  I thought I would wait for our Beading Lady (Sandy) to do that when she FINALLY arrives!  Besides it was nice to have Siena all to myself!!  Man…we talked!  Mainly about quilting…long arms and quilting techniques…and the such!

At the end of a few hours we had exhausted every quilting topic and managed to bang off a couple of beading projects…Siena made this gorgeous bracelet…

P1210648

And I made a fresh water pearl twisted necklace for my daughter and started a pair of earrings.

P1210649

Funny…there we were beading but our talk was ALL about quilting!  NOW what’s with THAT? 

Clearly our hearts are with Quilting…but a gal CAN have other interests…right?  Besides it’ll be nice to add a bit of bling to our outfits.. when we DO quilt…;) 

Hmmm…I wonder if Siena will be wearing her new bracelet to Clubhouse Quilting today?  I might have to get out my flashy new earrings! 

Ahhh…ain’t life grand!

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

6 comments:

  1. Variety is the spice of life or at least you never get bored! I am my own best friend and conversations are stimulating! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your beading, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see that your creativity extends to so many other things besides quilting. I've always thought you had a very open mind, so I'm not surprised that you had trouble coming up with something to write about today. I have a mind like a steel trap...Donna says that would be a sieve! (Plus, I probably can't even spell it.) HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must find a quilting group. This post reminded me how much fun it is to be social while crafting. I've beaded with friends and had a quilting group years ago. Looks like you enjoyed your social beading (and it was productive even. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool Paulette. I have been making my own jewelry since last summer San I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What! Paulette with a lack of something to write about? No way. I am not into beading but can appreciate the work that goes into it. I am not a jewelry person so I think that is one of the reasons I do not have a desire to try it. I do love to look at the beads in the craft stores. So many interesting and pretty ones to see.

    ReplyDelete