Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Wheels on the Truck Go Round and Round…

NoteNoteThe Needle and the Thread Go In and Out…Note!

Five days of driving…hours and hours of sitting…but it passed in a blur…a snap of the fingers…a blink of the eye…why?  Because I stitched…and I stitched…from the rain and the cold of Vancouver Island, through snowy mountains, passed vineyards and olive groves, through frosty orange groves to the warmth (18C) of the desert!  Ahhhh… break out the sandals and capris…WE HAVE ARRIVED!! 

I was so engrossed in my audio book and stitching that I didn’t see or hear Seattle Judy honk as she passed us and left us in her dust…somewhere outside of Weeds, CA!  That woman is incredible!!  She does this trip solo and in only two days!  No moss on this lady!

The Clubhouse Quilters were humming but alas my camera was not cooperating so you will have to wait until next Wednesday to see them action!  Some wonderful quilts being created…stay tuned!

So looks like you are STUCK with me…here’s what I have been doing the last five days…

My first project was an OLD UFO…this is going to be GET ‘ER DONE, 2013!!  ‘Summertime’ by Primitive Gathers was started two or three YEARS ago…so I stitched…P1210480

And  I stitched…

 

P1210481

And I stitched…

 

P1210482

More stitching…

P1210483

 

LAST block….nooooooooo!  It wasn’t glued down!!  How did I miss that!  So alas…Summertime did not get finished!

P1210484

One block to prep…before it’s a go!

P1210479

I was almost giddy starting something NEW!!  LOVE this runner…it’s called ‘Homemade Friends’ by Bloomin’ Minds!

P1210471

She is finished except for the special effects…sew on buttons and embroidery work and backing.  This was just too difficult to do in a bouncing truck…

P1210472

But I do love it!!  And after working on those itty bitty ‘Summertime’ pieces this was a piece of cake!

P1210473

Don’t get me wrong…it’s not perfect stitching…can’t be done in a moving vehicle…BUT good enough for me!

P1210474

On the last day of travelling I broke out ‘Snow Days’ by Heart to Hand…LOVE this little quilt!!  I almost finished Block One…just need to stitch the snow on the roof and the tree on the right.  Dang cute!

P1210478

Yup, this is going to be a fast and adorable quilt!!  And there is nothing more satisfying then stitching snow while sitting out in the desert!

P1210477

Today we will continue to unpack, set up dog fences, put down mats…SET UP MY SEWING TABLE AND MACHINE…and maybe just maybe…have a quick trip to JoAnn’s!!  After all we don’t want those coupons to expire…now do we?

Have thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

19 comments:

  1. Yay...glad you are in the warm sunshine...we are here in dealing with the Cold East Winds. Love the Snowy Days Quilt..just cant bring myself to get the pattern...yet..maybe when my sons is thru high school. LOL.

    And good for Seattle Judy...glad to hear that she does this on her own!

    Looking forward to seeing your home away from home.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you made it safe and sound. Looks like you kept your hands busy with wonderful wool projects. I am thinking about my next projects, maybe one every day, one snow and one UFO, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Paulette! See you next Wednesday at quilting.
    Siena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute cute! I LOVE the Summertime quilt blocks! Just beautiful! Have fun!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of sewing in five days, but the results were certainly worth it. Enjoy your trip to Joann's. Wish we had one here on the island. Michael's just isn't quite the same. The temps in the desert sound lovely. It's so cold and frosty here. No snow, though, and that's the way I like it. Have a great day unpacking and settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news to hear you're at The Sands and getting settled. Let the adventures begin!!!! (smile) I'll be living vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it. Beautiful sunny day, but cold 28 while out walking at 9 am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you were busy. Especially love the Snow Days, something about houses & snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on marking it there safe and sound. I think you took the rain with you, we've had some lovely sunny days and so,e cold. Lots of snow on the mountains. This morning it was foggy here and fifteen minutes later the sun was out.

    Chilly at about 2C right now, but they say we might have rain later.

    Good job on all your stitching...now if I could figure out how to drive and stitch at the same time that would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! your quilt is looking incredible! great progress and way to go keeping yourself busy and entertained on your trip.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you got that much done in five days, wow - darling projects, all! Welcome home sweet desert home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paulette, you are amazing! And such a fast stitcher!! Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to watching all your adventures. Love the snow men - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The snowman pieces are adorable but my favorite are the Primitive Gathering blocks. Just wonderful!

    I don't know how you could have seen your friend on the road. She must have the pedal to the metal. You blink and she is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear you arrived safely. Boy, you sure did some stitchin' and how wonderful it is! AND of course you can't let those Joann's coupons expire.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What’s up, of course this piece of writing is genuinely fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it regarding blogging. thanks.

    ----------------------------
    SEO | SEO Adelaide | SEO Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my gosh no--don't let those JoAnn's coupons expire! You do beautiful stitching even if you were bouncing down the road in a truck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That is quite an accomplishment for 5 days of bouncing and sewing. Looking forward to all your fun times of shop hops and sewing with your group. Have a great and warm winter while we are freezing here in single digit weather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that snowy days mat! You always get so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete