Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Woolie Wednesday…

Yes, indeed, it’s Woolie Wednesday…and just LOOK at what my friend Claire has been up too!!  Magnificinent or what!!  I absolutely LOVE it!!

It’s all in the wool…feast your eyes on this lovely, hand dyed, richly mottled background…and the rest just sings!

image

Claire sent me two pictures, taken in two different light sources…don’t they look different…I’m not sure which one I like better…hmm… this may be a good thing because Claire says in REAL LIFE this runner is more in the middle!

image

The mat is a Maggie B pattern and it is out of her last book ‘Buttonwood Farm’. It is called ‘19th Century Wool Hearth Rug’ and if you ask me this is way too nice to toss on anyone’s hearth regardless of the century!

Claire still has to cut and place a row of pointed triangles along the bottom length of the runner. 

When I was at Pioneer Quilts in Portland this was on the table under all this ‘stuff’…recognize it?

image

Claire spotted it right away…this is the runner that she is currently working only in a different colour way!  Got to love it too!

Hope you liked today’s Woolie Wednesday Project…I’ll have to show pictures of Claire’s masterpiece when it’s all finished!!  Maybe on Stitch it Saturday…better get sewing Claire!!:o)

Have a Woolie Wednesday too.. and Happy Quilting!~P

7 comments:

  1. I was just going to say how much I love that pattern when it dawned on me that I HAVE THAT BOOK! Hooray, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, now I wonder what it would look like if it was made into a nice scarf and mittens? I know, I'm just not very imaginative, now am I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to get my hands in Claire's wool collection....when she isn't looking. You distract her, I'll grab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece and making me think, a wool piece from my new book would be fun to make today.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this...I want it! Now on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete