Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Blue Bullet..yes colour matters!

Look what the Easter Bunny brought me…or as my husband likes to say…it’s my early Birthday present!!  Regardless of how it arrived, I’m THRILLED with my little Blue Bullet (aptly named by Claire!)

image

We traded in my Honda Odyssey for this little guy, a Honda Civic EX!

Saying good-bye to the Odyssey was difficult!  She served me well for over ten years..she got the kids through the teen years and moved them off to University and we had many a good time Garage Saling!  Ahhh the things that we brought home in this baby…

image

But she was big (van) and hard on gas and she just wasn’t dependable anymore...SEW it was time.

We looked at other makes and models…but I kept coming back to the Honda…is it any wonder…this is our FIFTH Honda!  Yes, throughout the years we have had a total of FIVE Hondas…most were kept for over ten years with the exception of our Accord…she got traded for our truck, which we needed to pull the 5th Wheel.  And would you believe that we bought all five cars from the same dealer…I’m sure he clicks his heals together whenever he sees us coming!  I think I must be a creature of habit…but why mess with a Good Thing!

And so when it came to picking a car the ONE thing that I asked for was COLOUR…Have you noticed how cars now a days come in eighteen shades of ‘non-colour’..ie. greys, blacks and whites…and then they throw in two token REAL colours.  Everyone suggested a non-colour…but I’m already a non-colour!!!  A grey car with my white hair would just wash me out!  I would HAVE to tie a scarf around the car in order to drive it!!  So my real colour choice was red or blue…Red?  Nope…been there, done that!!!  Sew blue it is! 

Here’s the dealer showing me the ropes…(yowzers fly me to the moon and back…but what’s with all this computer ‘stuff’?)

image

Yup, I’m loving the Blue Bullet!  I think we are going to be VERY happy together…(Oh, and the best part…the trunk is HUGE!!heee heee ! (I think I better test drive it to the nearest quilt shop!!  Got to try out that trunk!!)

HAPPY EASTER …AND HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Have a Sunny Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

25 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Easter Birthday! I drive one of those non-colors because I was up against a deadline for a tax credit, and that's all that was available. Perhaps I will buy a scarf for it - what a great idea!! Enjoy your motoring. My dh is on his 3rd Honda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Easter- early birthday gift! Love it and you look great in it!!:) I agree, you need to test drive it to the nearest quilt store and see just how much that trunk will hold! :)
    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color!!!!!!...Have fun filling the trunk with goodies from the quilt store!

    Special Easter Blessings to you and your family!

    Hugs, Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new car is a beaut! Gotta have a huge trunk for all your garage saling.....oh yes, and groceries. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Car!!

    I'm with you on color and Honda. I drive an Element..Sierra Sunset (Orange).

    We've been looking lately, but its hard to give up the HUGE inside and theatre seating my Element has.

    Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been ONE BIG EASTER BUNNY!!!! Good thing it came as a big surprise, because it would have been scary to be there when the big bunny came by!! Great choice in both car and color. And now Rick can fly you just about anywhere with that computerized beauty!! And another great thing...if you fill the trunk up...you can always drive back and fill it up again!!! Rick should be pleased!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'orange' you glad you picked the blue one!!..good for you, Paulette and what a great Easter present!..is this the surprise that Rick talked about??
    have a great Easter Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new wheels! It's a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know, not enough room for yard sailing, lol.
    Wonderful Easter and early BIrthday surprise, nice to have a new car and will be a lot better on gas, so you can drive around more;)

    Happy and Blessed Easter to you and your family.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a new Honda Civic a couple of months ago and I love it! Isn't the electronic system amazing? You can connect your cell phone to it and talk hands free, which is a great feature. I am having so much fun with mine. What a blast it is to drive. And it is my fourth Honda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! YAY for you!! Happy Easter & Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers...she's a beauty! Were there any chocolate eggs hidden inside? Hope you have many happy miles together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When we bought my new car (our car was totalled) I wanted a yellow car with blue or green as second choices. Unfortuanetely we could not find a used car in my colors and ended up with black, LOL. My husband kept insisting we could not buy a car based on color, but he is going buy black and yellow car seats as a consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Easter, P. Gorgeous colour for your new car. I'll bet that baby can just zip over the highway in no time to get to the quilt store. Maybe you should take it with you when you go back to California.lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blue bullet! And so glad to hear that the trunk is huge! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy driving. Love your Blue Bullet.

    We prefer Hondas too and I'm looking forward to getting a new car in the next year or so. We're considering a Jazz or Fit. Hope what we've got hangs out long enough.

    Definitely colour. Can'r understand why anyone would want black grey/silver or white. Not Me!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULETTE! and a big welcome to the "60's club"! Love your new Civic...and its gorgeous colour! VERY SNAZZY!
    Renee from SSI

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! Yay what a fabulous present. We have a Honda Accord and we love it...they are such reliable cars. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. so glad you picked the blue, Paulette, as I would pick the RED ! !
    It goes well with MY white hair.

    Gotta love a new car ! ! !

    safe driving,
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, Paulette,, what a great way to celebrate your birthday..
    I got a new Red Mazda Neo 3 for Christmas and called her Scarlette, Kids bought me the new plates...sure can see me coming.
    Happy shopping in your new car..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy for you!! The new baby is beautiful!!!! Happy, happy birthday sweet pea :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. She's a real beauty. Happy Birthday, a bit early. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your beautiful new car! I have a "Blue" 2006 Honda Civic and just love it and would get another one in a heartbeat! Believe me you can fit a lot in that trunk! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Happy Birthday Sweet P,
    I had a Honda Civic for a long time and I loved that car. We drove it for nearly 20 years but unfortunately our son got it into one too many fender benders. The good news was that it still had value even though it was almost 20 years old. I am sure you are going to love your new wheels too!
    Regards, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your new car. Its a great colour. Our car is blue too. I bought myself a Sony tablet (its great). It must be the time for big purchases. I had been wanting one for so long and finally bought one when faced with a 7 hour train trip with a 6 year old boy. It did its job brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete