Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fan Fair…

Do I have any Bonnie Hunter fans in the audience?  Wow, just look at those hands shoot up!  Yup, I’m a HUGE fan too!!

image

I have been a fan of Bonnie’s ever since I laid eyes on her some of her scrappy quilts…like this one…Hidden Spools

image

OR…her Cheddar Bow-Ties

image

OR…My Blue Heaven…Oh my!

image

Now these are only THREE of the many FREE patterns that Bonnie so generously shares on her blog ‘Quiltville’s Quips and Snips’!

PLUS Bonnie is always showing us how to bang off a new block like the Maverick Star!  Dang cute!

image

Yesterday Bonnie showed us how to De-boning a shirt!!  YES you heard me~ DE-BONE a SHIRT!!  She can de-bone a shirt faster than Martha Stewart can baste a turkey!…Learn how by going HERE!  Amazing!!

You should see her calendar…Bonnie must live out of a suitcase!!  She travels all over the place giving workshops and lectures…and she takes us along with her!!  Makes me tired just reading about it!

And Bonnie STILL manages to write BOOKS and patterns and blog..sometimes TWICE a day…with pictures!!

And TODAY Bonnie is hosting a GARAGE SALE…is it any wonder that this quilter is my kind a gal!!!

I was thrilled to see that Bonnie cleaned up at Sew Cal Gal’s Golden Quilter’s Awards!!  She won Best Designer, Best Author, Best Teacher/Instructor and Life Time Achievement Award!!  AND all well deserved too, I might add!  Yeah Bonnie…you GO GIRL!

I think Darlene from Sew Cal Gal said it best when she presented Bonnie with all these awards~

“Congratulations to the Bonnie K. Hunter, who is clearly loved by quilters from all over the world for all of her contributions to make our world of quilting so wonderful!” 

I couldn’t have said it better…way to go Bonnie!! 

Now if you will excuse me, I have several shirts to de-bone…before hubby gets up…(not to worry he will NEVER miss them!)

Have a SUPER Saturday and Happy Quilting~P

4 comments:

  1. I really <3 Bonnie Hunter too! She is such an inspiration to me for her creativity,drive and her generosity. I just started her cheddar bow ties L&E too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Paulette! I hate wearing shirts with bones in them, and I'm certain that Rick's the same way. Those bones are so "pokey" and uncomfortable. Always wondered if there wasn't some way to "debone" them. Now I know, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good morning laugh! De-boning your hubby's shirts while he sleeps! Too funny. Don't worry, I won't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched her video too. I never heard it called "de-boning". Those awards were well-deserved! I'm a FAN and am working on the Bow tie Challenge, but mine aren't cheddar. :)

    ReplyDelete