Wednesday, April 11, 2012

OMGosh!!

…I am at 982 followers!!  YIKES!!  Only 18 more to go and I have receached 1000  Blogging Friends!! 

I still remember that first SCREAM…(and so does my hubby)…“OMGosh I have a FOLLOWER!!”  INCREDIBLE!  She was from Brazil and I couldn’t pronounce her name…but I wondered about her often.  Well that number has slowly grown…and I have made such good friends along the way! 

I have even met some of you…Renee in the washroom at The Sands RV Park… “Excuse me but are you Sweet P?” ..as I exited the shower stall with a towel wrapped around my head… “HUH??”

And another highlight was having coffee with Woolie friend, Synthia from Oregon…the sweetest lady that you would ever want to know! And bumping into Elaine at the Road to California (our next visit will be lunch in Victoria this Fall!!)…oh and the lady who was whispering to a friend in the Heart to Hand booth and the words ‘Sweet P’ were heard…such a wonderful new stalker friend!!  There was that ‘almost’ visit with my Aussie friend, Dawnie…darn those delayed flights!! and a brief meeting with Valerie at the Palm Springs Starbucks…She gifted me some lovely hand made socks…too nice to actually wear…but too cozy not too! We had such a connection and could have talked for hours!!  And meeting Poppyprint at the Boundary Bay Quilt Show…such a thrill! There was the very sweet invitation to attend the Calamesa Guild Meeting in CA but alas…I don’t ‘do’ freeways (and California is thankful for that!!):(… I could go on and on…

Then there are the Blogging Buddies whom I have never met but would love to…the ones that I ‘talk to’ several times a week…such sweet, wonderful  ladies!  I even had one Blogging Buddy ask me if there was something wrong…and danged if something in my life wasn’t causing me anguish!!  Shheeesh!  How did she ‘know’ me SEW well??

Yup…there are almost 1000 of you ‘out there’…and when we hit that magical number, man, are we going to PARTY!!  Be prepared…it may take awhile but we will get there!!

So dear friends…do you think blogging has enriched my life?  You bet it has…A THOUSAND TIMES over…well..almost!

And BECAUSE this IS a quilting blog I better toss in something quilty…sew here is what I have been up to…auditioning threads and quilting patterns…not as easy as it may seem!!

P1180015

Thanks for popping by..all 982 of you! :o)

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

27 comments:

  1. Oh no sweet pea, you have enriched my life more than you know. Every morning I anxiously await your post. Thanks for all of your inspiration and the time you spend posting for our enjoyment. I've been watching the number, no surprise to your followers! Wishing you a long, blessed life!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Paulette, I know you will soon have your 1000 th follower. I'm spreading the word. Thanks so much for your blog and also your honorable mention, glad you like the socks. Hope we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at those frames in the store, wish I had gotten one now, have a quilt I am thinking of hand quilting. I thought you didn't have to pin when you used a frame?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see another follower has joined the Sweet P club. You have such great spirit and humour, how could anyone not want to follow you. I've enjoyed every posting since I started following over a year ago, and feel like I really know you. I'll bet you get to 1,000 in no time, and I'm getting myself together for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that in no time you will get to that magical number. I love traveling with you, going to garage sales, and quilting along with you too. Always love seeing what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you have so many followers Paulette - you are the sweetest blogger and follower of other blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my dear, I LOVE this basket quilt. It is SEW beautiful! wonderful, wonderful.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your following doesn't surprise me. Sometimes I can't find the end of the comments to add my own!!

    I'm with you. I haven't met many of my blog friends, but I have met a lot of really great people that I wouldn't know without the net.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will hit that magic 1000 in no time at all because the title of your blog fits you perfectly. Yours is the first blog I read in the morning and so look forward to. When your internet was down after you got home, I was worried about you! Bloggers truly are the best. Lifelong friendships can be made in the click of a mouse! Keep up the inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!~ and we all come here for the same thing~ your friendship, inspiration and good humor. ;-) You will make 1000 soon. Lovely little quilt! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a true pleasure to get to know you, too. I'm not surprised you have close to a thousand followers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward each day for your posts...I just signed on as a follower even though I've been following for a long time....
    I'm going to make that basket quilt?
    How are you a going to quilt it?
    Does that quilting frame hurt your back bending over?
    Or is the height adjustable?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on so many Bloggy friends. Your q-snap frame reminds me a little of the quilting bees of long ago. Are you big stitching on this quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember you reaching 100 followers soon after I started following! WOW, 1,000 is a lot - all of them seem to enjoy your blog so much. I too, read it first thing, and I also get to see you every week at quilting so I am extra lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yowzers, SweetP! 1000! You don't say?! I, for one, have learned so much from you and what you've shared with us. And, you've made my bucket list a little (no, a lot) longer. We love you! Keep on bloggin.'

    ReplyDelete
  16. If it weren't for you, how in the heck would have I been able to 'visit' good ole DHS. I love tagging along with you.
    I love following all your adventures.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd be pretty excited too - every new follower is a joy. :) I've loved reading and learning from you! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't been a follower for all that long yet but I always enjoy reading your blog posts :) And maybe I'll meet you someday too..I live on the Island! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are indeed the little blog that could!..keep chuggin' away..I am sure that you will hit that magic 1000 in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything you said is so true. The things you listed are the really good things about blogging. Good luck with the quilt - it's beautiful! And so glad to have "met" you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - to be recognized with a towel wrapped around your head! I think you've hit the Big Leagues! Congrats. We are all excited about your reaching 1000!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just made it 986! Looking forward to follwoing your blogging adventures xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You'd better get ready to party. You're on 988 now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, your number is getting closer to the 1000 mark! Congrats on all your followers! Love reading your blog and get such laughs from it!! You're always sharing wonderful pictures and you've taken us on a few trips with you!:) Not to mention the shout out about the giveaways going on! Thanks for everything!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so happy to be one of your followers! I always enjoy reading your blog posts! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I read your blog every day. Usually I'm more of a lurker & don't comment very often. Now count me as a follower. Maybe I'll be #1000.

    ReplyDelete