Saturday, April 14, 2012

Country Homecoming…

On Wednesday, Anne from Cotton N’ Wool Blog posted a blog entry about how her and a few friends were making THIS QUILT…

image

What!!  That’s my quilt!! 

The pattern to this quilt is found in Primitive Gatherings first book, which I found in a Sales Bin about 9 years ago…and it was like hitting GOLD!  EUREKA!  SEW many wonderful projects in this book!!

image

But it was the Country Homecoming quilt that kept this book at the top of the pile!  I have gone back to the picture of this quilt time and time again…just to look…and plan…it was definitely on my Bucket List!  So when Anne extended the invitation for others to join in, I threw all projects to the side…grabbed my bin of Homespuns and like a mad woman possessed…had this whipped up before I knew what hit me!!

P1180036

Yeah!!  I am making MY quilt!!…Finally!

Thanks Anne and quilting friends for the invitation…I can do one block a month!  Ohhhh YES I CAN!!  How about YOU?  P1180043

Why not join in…and have a Homecoming of your own?

Just a REMINDER…Today is the Christmas Sew-A-Long…head on over to The Cuddle Quilter.  Lesley’s got the coffee on and yummy cinnamon rolls waiting for you.  Plus she is giving away CHRISTMAS FABRIC!!  You do not want to miss out on this one…

Having said that..like Quilt Sue, I have other commitments…a walk/talk with my lovely sister in the morning and lunch with my friend, Claire!!  We have FIVE months to get caught up on!! 

I’m hoping that I can stitch up a Christmas storm when I get home…think of me as being just a wee bit late…not MIA!

Have a SUPER Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

13 comments:

  1. Good for you, and you are giving me the resolve that I can do one block a month and quilt along!! Isn't it a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks like one to have, I'll have to search for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get motivated today, maybe i should make something I want to do instead of something I have to do, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this book looked familiar and when I went through my book stash, there it was. I love the house quilt and I have plenty of homespuns to do a block a month. It's such a gorgeous quilt. Sounds like you have a lovely day planned and the weather is certainly cooperating. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, another house block! I have said that this is the year of the house quilts for me. I don't have the book, but it sure is a sweet home, your 1st house is grand ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had the book....I have to watch from sidelines. Looks like a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's going to be a cute quilt. Hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I might just join you since I have the book too. I really really want to make the cover quilt too.
    Have to see what I have in way of plaids/homespun fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fabulous! So excited that you are joining us....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous quilt, that looks like a great book - love your block!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sending me to her post. I wish I could stop crying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful project you are going to make! We missed you at the Quiltalong but knew you were there in spirit! I'll have to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love house blocks and your homespun one is so cute. Too many projects in the fire for me to join right now but it will be in my "to do someday pile".

    ReplyDelete