Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Heritage Happenings…

Busy, busy…I tell ya’, these quilters NEVER just sit!!  I thought you might like to see a snippet of what the Heritage Quilters have been up to…

Sharon finished her Fall quilt and Vickie quilted it for her!!  Such a good friend!  I LOVE, LOVE this quilt…and it’s made of batiks!!

P1180063

Just LOOK at that quilting…when I grow up I want to quilt just like this!!

P1180065

This beauty is the product of those group raffles…in exchange for a completed square, you receive a raffle ticket (the more squares you complete, the more tickets you receive).  At the end of the month they draw and the winner takes ALL the blocks.  This lucky winner made this wonderful quilt!!

 P1180084-001

I LOVE this scrappy quilt!!  Look at the borders!  Perfect! P1180150

Let’s zoom in for a close-up!!  Gorgeous!! 

P1180153

How sweet is this lovely table topper!!  Very Spring-y!P1180156

And it’s never too soon…or too late…to complete a Christmas project!

P1180158

Another Scrappy quilt…very NICE…and what a great way to use up all those bits and pieces!

P1180164

This Spring quilt is made out of soft, soft flannel…perfect for a spring night…and oh so pretty!P1180166

Barb took a class and came away with this gorgeous quilt!!…And all hand stitched!

P1180167

The quilter who made this Crazy Patch Pillow kicked it up a notch and stitched on all her keepsake jewelry.  She said that now she can enjoy all her treasures everyday  when she puts this pillow on her bed!  Great idea! P1180169 Border prints turned into two lovely baby quilts!!  Fast and easy…and would make lovely gifts! (A great project to practice free motion quilting on!! hmmmm)

P1180171

Terri found a panel of little animals in a sales bin…so she cut them out and appliquéd them on to terry cloth and made this wonderful hooded towel/blanket and wash cloths!!  Very clever! P1180174

TONS of charity quilts this week… 

P1180175

A photographer has to be quick taking pictures around here…

P1180177

P1180159

More sweet charity quilts…

P1180178

AND last but certainly NOT least…here’s Grandma Anne..just finished putting the last stitch on this stuffed OWL!!  This is a gift for her baby granddaughter and it couldn’t be sweeter!!  Soft and cuddly!!  You can find the FREE pattern for this owl HERE!

P1180181

SPEAKING OF FREE…My Blogging Buddy, Anna just sent me this link to ‘a few’ FREE patterns…YIKES must be several HUNDRED patterns here!!  If you have time..go to this site…and have a look..INCREDIBLE!!  Click on  FREE PATTERNS…Thanks Anna, WE appreciate it!!  :o)

Last chance to enter my GIVE AWAY!!  GO HERE if you haven’t already done so!  I will be Randomly Selecting a winner tomorrow morning!!

P1180135

Good luck!!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting~P

10 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful quilts and the first one is my favorite.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a wonderful quilt show to get me going~~~ so many beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you post about the Heritage quilt group and the pic's of all the quilts - wowzers. Such a busy group - hey did you show your winter beauties????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon's quilt is my kind of thing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures Paulette- thanks for sharing! And the free patterns- wow!!! You're right- gonna take awhile. Think I'll wait till morning with my cup of coffee!:) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim said "Hi" from you, so thanks. I know what a fat quarter is, right? Love these colorful pictures. Good stuff alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these great projects really make me feel like a slacker, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful quilts! I'm working on one right now that may just be my favorite one ever....of course I do say that about every one I work on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects. I love seeing all the quilty smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dyed wool. What colors did you start out with?

    Judy

    judyquiltz@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete