Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Signs of FALL…

Betcha thought you were going to see pictures of leaves, colourful Fall flowers or geese with suitcases in hand heading South…nope!!  Thought I’d save those pictures for tomorrow!!

Today I HAVE to show you some of the Fall quilts that have been popping up at our Heritage Quilt Guild…

Doesn’t this one just scream Fall…and VERY cozy to boot!

P1150692

A flurry of leaves on a background of batiks…gorgeous…

P1150431

There’s a lot more happening on this quilt than meets the eye!!  Here’s a close-up!

  P1150434

I have always wanted to make a positive and negative leaf quilt…not sure what they call it in the Quilting World but that’s what we called it when we made something like this in Art using paper. 

P1150689

Isn’t it stunning!  This is Vicky’s quilt…you may already know Vicky from her blog…Loose Thread Vicky!  If you drop by her blog you will find out all about this quilt and also about a Garage Sale SCORE!!  Now how did I miss THAT one?!

P1150690

Sharon is right into the Fall scene with this VERY striking Fall quilt!!  I LOVE IT…and it’s made of batiks!!  Who knew batiks could be SEW perfect for a Fall quilt!!

P1150777

A close up….  I can’t wait to see this one finished!!

P1150778   And Tracy’s Baltimore Halloween is finish…incredible, isn’t it!

        P1150768

Some close-ups…Tracy used Steam-A-Seam Lite to adhere the appliqué pieces to each block and then blanket stitched around them by hand! 

P1150769

Truly a labour of love!

P1150770 

This one is my favourite block!!P1150772 P1150773

Sew before I hop onto my broom and sail off into the night…

 P1150774      

Make sure you have entered my Followers’ GIVE AWAY…if you haven’t then please go HERE!! Eeeeeeehhhhhh, Eeeeehhhhhh…(witch’s laugh…) :o)  Come on work with me…

Have a WICKED Wednesday and Happy  Quilting!~P

18 comments:

  1. already entered!!..nice quilts..there are some talented ladies in your group!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall......and the positive and negative quilt is beautiful..... I did a positive and negative square with a butterfly in light purple and black it turned out really cool. It was for a block exchange. It would be fun to do a whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a lot of awesome quilts! I love the positive and negative leaves the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW those are ALL JUST GORGEOUS!!! I would love one of each, please. :D Did the lady that did the Halloween Baltimore Album make up the blocks on her own or did she have a specific applique pattern that she used? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy "my" visit to your Heritage Quilt guild. Love the Baltimore Halloween Quilt, so much fun but they are all great in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey's Baltimore Halloween quilt is truly awesome. All those pieces. I've never been interested in batiks, but the quilts that you've shown are beautiful. Your Heritage Quilt Guild has some very talented quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Guild was a bit shy with Show a Tell last night. But our Program Quilter had a quilt some Wool light and dark leaves that she shared. She told/showed us the difference between felted wool and wool felt. Very interesting program. Thanks for sharing your Guild Quilts you have a perfect name for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when all the autumn stuff comes out! My favorite time of year. The Canadian geese have started to arrived down here in my neighborhood, they seem to know when the dairies mow down the corn and they show up right on schedule every year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the eye candy! Beautiful stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Consider me inspired~ I'm off to go cut quilt pieces! K

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys seem to have a theme this month, I love the block with the cat and owl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pieces and perfect for fall.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for reminding us again about your giveaway. I was pressed for time yesterday and didn't get to comment when I thought I did. Just hopped over and put my 2 cents worth in!! :) Beautiful quilts here- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fall quilt, I just love Fall/ (autumn here )colours ......and the positive and negative quilt is beautiful too, never done one of those...on the list!..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely stunning quilts! I love Vicki's and the batik quilt is another favorite! Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are some wonderful quilts. You certainly have a talented group.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the fall quilt show. All of the quilts are lovely, but that Baltimore Hallowe'en? Wow!! I've never seen a pattern like that. What a load of work - I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW -- Amazing fall quilts! I love all of them!!

    ReplyDelete