Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I don’t THINK it’s my Birthday!!?

…but by the look of all the loot I received yesterday it sure FELT like it was my birthday! 

Delores, my Heritage Quilting Buddy, felt sorry for me…A couple of month ago my Starbucks mug started to leak so I had to tossed it…and I kept forgetting to replace it.  Every Monday I have been using one of the Hall mugs…(see the small clear glass mug).  So yesterday Delores brought me this~  P1150700

It’s my own hand-stitched padded mug bag and matching mug…SEW pretty!!  And look at how BIG it is!!  My size of coffee!! I can’t wait for next Monday so that I can break in my new mug…oops wrong choice of words.  Let’s change that to~ I can’t wait to USE my new mug and sweet little bag!!  Thanks so much, Delores…VERY thoughtful of you!

Delores has her own mug bag that her sister made for her…with a fun little quilter’s saying on it…very cute too…(but not as cute as mine!!)

P1150701  Then when I got home…look what was waiting for me in the Post Office…too pretty to open..But I did!!P1150705

To find THREE Schnibble Patterns from Thelma and her give away over at Cupcakes n’ Daisies.  I love everything Schnibbley!!

P1150707 Adorable…which one to make first…all so cute!!  Thanks so much, Thelma!

And then from Christine from Once Upon a Quilt  there was this GORGEOUS pattern called ‘Now We Are Sixty’…WHAT?  I’m not sixty YET??  Am I??  Geeze maybe it was my birthday!!??

P1150706  Thanks again, Christine…I LOVE this pattern and will be making it…definitely.. before my next birthday…whenever that may be!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

17 comments:

  1. once again the luckiest quilter on the island!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great day for collecting the loot. Congrats and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...how fun! I love your schnibbles patterns too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to start a week! You will have a great time shopping for fabric to make one of the new patterns when you are down south. Hope you left room in your project bag.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - if you get all that on an ordinary day, I wonder what your birthday is really like??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birthday must be killer if that's what you get for being your sweet little ole' self. We already knew that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely gifts, good for you - it's always good to celebrate, who needs a reason, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful gifts and a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the bag matched the mug, what a lovely day of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What delightful presents! Your mug bag is a perfect match for the new mug. When I drank coffee, I well remember the joy of a large mug. I am a tea person now and longing to find an insulated mug that will actually keep the tea warm and not affect the flavor. I love the Schnibbles patterns and the Now We Are Sixty is wonderful. You are not there yet but how nice to have a quilt waiting when you do reach the big 60! I will have the Medicare birthday in February (but have been on Medicare a long time because of fibromyalgia). I can hardly wait to finish this Christening ensemble from wedding gown so I can quilt again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and it's not your birthday!
    Great gifts..what a lovely surprise!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. It must be your unbirthday. What a load of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty soon Canada Post is going to charge you extra for having to deliver all that loot you been winning lately! LOL. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. October 4 might not have been your real birthday, but it was mine. I thought about spending the day in the quilt room, but the weather was too beautiful to be inside. My gifts were a Japanese Maple and a fire pit! Perfect for the season. Happy unbirthday to you; you are such a lucky winner!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete