Thursday, October 13, 2011

GO! + WOOL= ?

On Tuesday I fired up the GO! and cut out a zillion wool oak leaves…well OK…maybe not a zillion but close! 

My ladies’ group needed about 60 table favours for our Fall Dinner (to be held in two weeks)..so of course when Jan, the Vice President, phoned asking for help I thought WOOL and GO!  I mean really, they were on my mind anyway…. :o) Team them up and what do you have?…  Some very pretty Fall Oak leaves…

I used my sewing machine to quickly stitch the veins… sandwiching two leaves together...

P1150817

Last night  about 18 FANTASTIC ladies came over and we stitched the broach pins on the back…lickity split…no slowp(oaks) in this group…BUT of course it wasn’t ALL business.. there was lots of laughing and chatter and of course tons of eating…

P1150818

But we got ‘er..DONE!! 

SEW what do you think?  Everyone who attends the dinner will find a Fall Oak Leaf Br(oak)ch at their dinner plate made especially for them!

Can’t you see these pinned onto a bag, scarf, hat or a jacket…very cute!  Do you think we will be setting a NEW fashion trend here in the Cowichan Valley?  :oO

P1150819

Darned if I didn’t forget to take pictures of the ladies stitching…but you know how it goes when you are busy …talking…eating…stitching…talking…laughing…EATING …And that’s no J(oak)!

I’m off to the Spa this morning…the Doggie Spa!  The girls need a clipping and a manicure…ahhh it’s a dogs’ life around here!  I should be so lucky!! haha

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

25 comments:

  1. What lucky guests at the dinner and the leaves will look so cute at the table settings - of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You're brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, Cute!! How did the wool mats go??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute idea!!! It is going to be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. truly neat idea for a fall get together or meal. Thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, I wish I were attending! Those are soooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE those fall pins. Yea, how is it our dogs get to the spa more often than we do......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful leaves and a fun project for everyone.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute favors. So appropriate for the season. So fast with a GO. Party on..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're gorgeous... just one thing though.. my invitation to the Fall dinner seems to be stuck in the mail somewhere!

    Tracey
    thepeonyteacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK...if you keep this up, I'll have to move from the East to the West to enjoy your fall foilage! I think they are so cute and I'm sure many quilt groups will follow your lead with your "aha" moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative idea for the oak leaves and I would love to be there to pin one on ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Wouldn't a bowl full of these leaves be the perfect decoration?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them, what a great idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love this idea!!! What a great fall pin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great party. And certainly lots accomplished. I'm sure the ladies at the dinner will love their autumn brooches. That GO! is moving right to the top of my Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great favors.....and I love the j(oaks).......

    The free stitchery....gave me a good idea for some Xmas presents. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are way too clever. All those years in the kindergarten room, right? What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What agreat idea Paulette..this would be great for so many occassions..maybe hearts etc..
    I need to fire up my GO and do something..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fantastic idea. Great use of the GO! and lovely wools. Lovely way for everyone to get together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice party favour you and your ladies made!!!..hope the girls have fun at the spa!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that is the best idea...I kneed to get myself a Go I think...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute favors how luky you friend are!

    Thank you for sharing...I am new to your blog and had fun checking out most of all your past posts. I will visit you again, soon!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete