Friday, October 21, 2011

Honest…it followed me home!

SCORE!! 

Yup…you know what THAT means!!  A Thrift Shop find!!   Yesterday I had ‘stuff’ to drop off at the Sally Anne…and being one who’s not wanting to waste a trip.. what with the cost of gasoline and everything :o)..I did a quick walk about the store…and LOOK at what followed me home!~

P1150872

It’s a book of wool samples from a men’s wear shop!!  FULL of lovely 100% wool!!  Now the samples are small…6”x 8” but that’s OK…they will be perfect for small wool appliqué!

P1150873  Lots of different textures in browns, blues, greens and blacks…P1150875 P1150876

So I cut the wool fabric out of the book and washed them in hot, sudsy water and then put them into the hot dryer to felt up…and here you have them!!

P1150878  There are about 60 pieces and they are slightly bigger than a charm square after being washed….

P1150880

Oh and did I mention they were a whopping 50 CENTS!!  You got to love a good find!!  But as my husband said (with a roll of the eyes) “Out one door and in with the other”!... I was quick to point out that this little book of wool was only one little thing compared to the truck load that I dropped off….  BUT apparently junk is junk…sheesh!  Except that some junk is better than other junk! haha

Have a Fun Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

29 comments:

  1. I love this kind of junk ;-0 great find !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have a nose to sniff out wool!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good find......I should start looking at our salvation army store when I take stuff over to leave off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that was a "Good Trade". Way to make the wool lovers drool, Sweet P...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made out like a bandit Paulette!


    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Score!!

    I love when my husband makes cracks like that because it gives me yet another opportunity to say,
    "and HOW many drills do you have?".

    Case closed!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find! The price was right too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really did score! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say "clever you" for looking!! You deserve it. Seek and ye shall find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A treasure for fifty cents! Wonderful...can't wait to see the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a find!! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lucky find and perfect for wool applique.
    Our salvation things things are worth more than they are, so not many good wool finds, but sometimes I find a fun 99 cent item.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Paulette, you must have a wool God that follows you around and leads you on the straight and narrow path to all that is wood. How lucky for you! BTW, do you wash all your wool that you use for projects? Or does it depend on what you use the wool for? Just wondering if you always "felt" it. TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, I can't stop laughing!!
    50cents, how could you not let it follow you home!
    "One lady's junk is another lady's treasure"...and you did give some back!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well now that I have read your last post I am tired so think I need a cup of tea and some relaxing time. You never cease to amaze me. TGIF
    Vicky, CVHQ

    ReplyDelete
  16. I swear, you are the LUCKIEST person ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. another person's junk is someone else's treasure!..and it's just a little thing anyway..geesh!..Hope that Mr.Sweetpea's knickers weren't in too much of a knot!?.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Has he got no soul? How can he possibly think that's junk?

    ReplyDelete