Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You Knot-y Lady!

First of all I need to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Gran (the Knot-y Embroidery Lady).  Yesterday after returning from the Doctor’s Office (good news is I’m going to live-the x-ray was clear, bad news is I am still coughing and feeling yucky) I went straight to bed and slept most of the day away.  I have decided that if the process of getting better is going to take time then I am going to baby it along.  Anyways, my husband arrived home with a parcel…he had stopped at the mailbox and it was the Give Away that I won from Gran’s blog.  It was this book…a Single Thread!  P1100019-1

What a perfect day to get it!  Because I had slept most of the day, I was up most of the night…reading!!  Great book…excellent story!!  So thank you Gran!!  I’m loving it!!  I will be on the look out for more of Marie Bostwick’s books!…I can’t wait to finish this one off~ and I am HOPING for a happy ending…!

On the Quilting Front~

I wanted to share one of Vickie’s entries from the Cowichan Exhibition~

Isn’t it gorgeous!! Vickie used a Charm Pack to create this table topper…I absolutely LOVED IT!!  P1090991

She called it a folded yo-yo but you start with a hexagon shape.  I am going to do some heavy duty sweet talking and see if Vickie will give us a tutorial on how to make these!!  It is SO sweet!!

 P1090990

SEW stay tuned…I may have to get a Hexagon die cutter for my Lady GO!GO! :o)

Have a wacky Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

17 comments:

  1. Nothing like a surprise package to brighten up a bad day. Wonderful quilt and unique look.

    I can't believe you didn't get a hexagon cutter, lol.
    I am still working on mine, it is addicting.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're still feeling bad, happy you're going to live. That book is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon! Glad the x-ray was clear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do hope you get rid of that nasty bug asap as it does leave you less time to quilt. Hoping you will be feeling like new real soon. Rest sounds like the best medicine for you.
    hugs from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Hope you are on the mend soon. Also, please tell Vickie she simply must considered sharing her technique for that wonderful table topper with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That die will come UPS tomorrow!!! Let me know when about the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw so sorry to read you are under the weather... ah, blankets. ;-) Hope you are back up to speed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on all those ribbons from the fair Paulette! Well done! Sorry your bug still has you down...take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your feeling better soon. your projects will wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sharing that quilt with us. I do love it. It's very unique and fresh. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling brighter. Enjoy the rest you will need the energy as Christmas is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care and take your time getting better! Glad your x-ray came out ok. Enjoy your rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have had a good night's sleep and are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice surprise and the hexie quilt is fantastic. Love it. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad you're officially not on deaths' door! that topper is really unusual... a friend made me a similar folded hexie thing, well 2 made into a needle book. i'll point her to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good news that the xray came back clear! I will have to add the book to my reading list which is getting quite long. The folded hexie would be a great tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the book finally got there - I sent it over two weeks ago - priority mail! Take care of you and I am so glad to x-ray was clear, I know you are not out of the woods yet, it is sure nice eliminating some could have been knot-y things in your chest.

    ReplyDelete