Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I’VE GOT MAIL…FINALLY!!

  A few days back, I got an email from Darlene (Quilting Daze) asking if I had received anything in the mail…If you read Darlene’s blog then you know that a couple of weeks back she sent out GORGEOUS hand made scissor fobs to 29 blogging friends!!  My mail is probably the slowest on the continent!!…so no I hadn’t received anything…:o(P1100127

Well yesterday…I GOT MAIL!!…THANK YOU so much, Darlene!!  Isn’t it gorgeous?  And to know that you made it makes it all the more special!  I placed it on my pumpkin mat so that everyone could see the exact colour of the beads…kind of a Fall peachy-orange!!  Just lovely!!  See how they catch the Fall light!

Let’s zoom in for a close-up….

P1100128-1

…see the top silver bead…it has  ‘Made for you’…stamped on it!!  SEW darn sweet! 

Well I am going to hang this gorgeous fob off my scissor handle with pride…but first I need new scissors that are worthy of such a fob!  Not just any old scissors with do!!  I need a good but pretty pair of scissors and they are SEW are hard to find…you know the kind that you can ONLY find at a Quilt Show……WHAT’S THAT YOU SAY?…Oh.. there’s a Quilt Show in Tsawwassen THIS WEEKEND?.. hosted by the Boundary Bay Quilters Guild…? THIS WEEDEND you say??  Well…maybe I will have to gather up a few friends and go…they just might be selling scissors worthy of such a fob…:O) (Hey it worked on my husband…OK OK…SEW you’re on to me!!)

Thanks again, Darlene!!  You have been a GREAT friend!!  I still remember my VERY FIRST blog post…and how I screamed out that someone had actually left a comment!!!. Yes it was Darlene!!  She left this comment…”Welcome to the Land of Blog - I know you're going to enjoy this journey. :-) “…Well…how right you were!!  I am loving my blogging journey…and it’s mainly thanks to blogging friends like YOU!!  So thank you Darlene…and to all my blogging friends…out there…THANK YOU…and keep those comments coming!  Although now when I scream “SOMEONE’S LEFT A COMMENT!” my husband no longer comes running…what’s with that?

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

16 comments:

  1. you are too funny. I hope you find that special pair of scissors...and maybe a few other goodies at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our fav scissors and maybe this weekend you'll find the one that makes the cut to showcase your special fob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fob and yes, a good excuse for a new pair of scissors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a blogger, but I read yours and a few others EVERY DAY - and yours is my favorite! I am a quilter, but I don't get as much done as you do. Your comments and ideas really inspire me!

    Myrtlesgirl (from Minnesota)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cute! I am loving the idea of jewelry for scissors and the like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you find a lovely pair of scissors at the show, and just maybe, one or two other things too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fob is so beautiful and surely needs the perfect scissors to hang from. I too get so excited when someone leaves me a message. Isn't it funny how some of our friends are people we have never met except in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All Bloggers love COMMENTS! cute Fob, do you have a pair of scissors that get lost? this would help keep track of them. Darlene is sure nice to her Blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet of Darlene! Beauty fob well-deserving of new scissors.

    I'll be at the show on Saturday...when are you coming over? It would be so fun to go scissor shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH SEW FOB Don't you just love to see the talents of other quilters/ bloggers. Good Luck in finding your special scissors. Have a super Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad it has arrived and especially glad that you like it. :-) From my heart to your hands! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fob, happy shopping for it's perfect compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no doubt that you will find those special scissors and lots more.
    Thank you for your contribution to my blogging journey. I remember thinking, will I or won't I? I pressed that button and have never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just beautiful - Darlene is so sweet! I hope you find some scissors, I went to a show this past weekend and couldn't find a thing...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in the same boat as you Paulette - I don't have a scissors worthy of the beautiful fob from Darlene. So I'm keeping it in the cute little bag on my inspiration board until I find one. Good luck on your search for one at the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your scissor fob and it does deserve a special pair of scissors. I know what you mean about getting comments. I am disappointed when no one comments.

    ReplyDelete