Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Do YOU want to see….

…some SEW and Tell that will blow you away?…Make sure you pour yourself a coffee first, as there is a lot of eye candy!!

Do you remember this little quilt?  Delores has been working on this Christmas Wall hanging for quite some time now…and this week she is planning on quilting it!P1090810

Last Monday at the Heritage Quilt Guild, Delores was sewing on the finishing touches…little beads, buttons and bows!!  SEW cute!!

Delores’ last name is Wagg…so of course she named her town Waggville!…

And on each building in Waggville she put her grandchildren’s names …how cute is that!!..They are going to be thrilled when they see their own little store!!

P1090808

P1090809

I can’t wait to see it finished and quilted!!

P1090807

SEW CUTE!!

Another lady was working on these blocks!   This is going to make an adorable quilt for some lucky little girl!!

P1090701

While another quilter was appliquéing flowers onto pinwheel blocks..

P1090702

What a bright and happy quilt this is going to be!

P1090703

This quilt was in a frame and was being hand quilted by a group of women…they seem to have scattered when they saw me coming with camera in hand…hmm…nothing personal…right? ;o)  P1090709

Vickie (yeah, I remembered her name!!) finished this lovely table runner…

  P1090777

..and look at the beautiful free motion quilting!!  Perfection!!P1090779

Some hoop hand appliqué happening over here…

 P1090780

I’m loving this block!!  What a lot of work…but SEW worth every stitch!!

P1090781  Vickie was working on this quilt …another beauty!!…P1090783

..taken from this pattern.  Love the colours that she has picked!!

P1090782

Look at the jacket that this retired Home Ec. teacher is creating…what a masterpiece!!  Now SHE knows her stuff!

P1090788

Made of muslin..the detail and stitching is truly a work of art.

P1090784

The pattern was taken from this book by Jennie Rayment.

 P1090785

Wow!!  See what I mean, about the detail…

P1090786 

Vickie HAS been busy..this time a scrappy quilt that is just lovely!! P1090792

I can’t wait to see what Vickie enters in this years Cowichan Exhibition in September!

P1090793

I LOVED this quilt…stunning!!  The picture does not do it justice…as the colours were gorgeous and VERY rich looking.  And yes, I think it’s big enough!!

P1090795

A lovely Fall table runner…I think it’s time to put it out in all it’s Fall splendor! P1090796

Another gorgeous quilt!!  My goodness…there sure are a lot of talented women in our little valley!!

  P1090798

I hope you enjoyed seeing what a few of the Cowichan Heritage Quilters were working on. I know I did!!  Such inspiration!  I’m so lucky to a part of the gang!  Maybe some of their talent will rub off on me!! :o)

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Quilting!!~P

22 comments:

  1. What a bunch of talented ladies you have there! I can't wait to see the Christmas quilt completed. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fascinated by quilts depicting a scene but the runner with the autumn leaves has me inspired. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your group of girls sure do know how to quilt and beautiful workmanship and details.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your group and their projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waggville is adorable! Mrs. Wagg has wonderful imagination.

    The others are beyond talented - wowzer!

    thank you for sharing, Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing these inspiration pieces with all of us! Ya'll are certainly some talented ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful quilts! I love them all especially Waggville.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the eye candy! What a bunch of talented ladies you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous Show and Tell. I can't decided whether the Autumn Leaf quilt or Waggville is my favourite. Then again it could be the pinwheel flower ( soon to be ) quilt

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun time...love all the quilts. Like going to a quilt show! Your Christmas quilt is beautiful!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how cute is Waggville? Please, tell her how much I just love it !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I feel like I've been at your Show and Tell:) Thanks so much for sharing with us. I love the idea of the flowers over the pinwheel block - takes a simple block one step up. Has given me an idea for a new wee niece. What fun. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness...I have a Santa's Village quilt almost finished that I started probably 5 or more years ago! I think I need to get it out and embellish it after seeing Waggville. You certainly have a talented group of women who make lovely quilts. I enjoyed the show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW those are some talented ladies!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ack, I adore Waggville - you surely do have a talented group there Paulette, all those quilts and oh that jacket, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love sew and tells and this one was spectacular!Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could a group if talented women in my area. What an inspiration.
    I love them all and you for sharing.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You weren't kidding. I have to refill my coffee and have a go at it again, and look at these quilts twice! Thank you for sharing!!!
    nsue21702 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are some wonderful quilts therre, but I think the Christmas one is outstanding. Oh, and I can't help noticing that you didn't show us what you're working on at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was a delight to see all the projects that your group were working on ... such talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete