Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wild and Woolie…

Well I DID get the wool out..sew…let me show you what I did….

I stitched a little wonky fence…P1090914

Made some crows’ footprints…and some x’s…’cause I do love crows!

P1090915

Tea stained some white wool and started stitching the face..

P1090917

Cut out the hat…

P1090919

And started to dress the scarecrow…

P1090920

Until…he was ALLLL done…then I put him into the oven to bake…Ooops wrong story!! …and stitched him all down on his new HOME mat!

P1090923

Have a close-up…P1090924

And closer yet…

P1090929

He has a little  friend on his shoulder…to keep him company...

     P1090930

..as he guards the field of sunflowers from those pesky crows…

P1090931

And they all lived happily ever after…over at Kaaren’s house! (That is when they’re NOT dodging pins…this is after all, going to be a PIN CUSHION!!)

The end! (for me!) ..now it’s Lori’s turn before it gets returned to Kaaren! This Round Crow Robin has been SEW much fun!!

I have to do some Christmas sewing today…or Quilting Sue is going to kick me out of the Christmas Sew Along!! Fa la lah la lah lalalalah…is all I have to say…!

Have a super Sunday and Happy Quilting!!

31 comments:

  1. Paulette, that is absolutely incredible!! You are SO TALENTED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is amazing. Well done, Kaaren will love him. I love the look on his face. (Well, I have to say that really don't I, as Tis The Season To Be Merry .... "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Incredible design! You have a remarkable talent.
    Thanks for sharing sew much with us.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paulette...You are one talented lady!!! Very nice addition! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet! My mind has been churning ever since I saw your scarecrow. I;m still waiting for block #2 to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your apprehension about his eyes was for nothing. He turned out great. That will keep the crows away. . . but probably not the straight pins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew very cute!! What a great addition to the adorable pin cushion!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your additions to the pin cushion. Your stitching is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a darling scarecrow you added to the pincushion. Loved it, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like the straw stitching you did here:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks great! Kaaren will love her new pincushion. I can't wait to see the next one you will get to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems a shame that this is only a pincushion, it should be framed and hung on a wall. Being the teacher you are did you teach yourself how to embroider? My mother started me out many, many years ago with the basic stitches.
    I like the effect of it on wool rather than on the pillowcases I was taught on.:o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - seriously O-M-G your scarecrow is fabulous. I love watching the progress of the pincushions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just too darling, Paulette - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great job you all are doing on your pin cushions. Can't wait to see them all finished and filled with pins!

    Thank you for taking us through your stitching, drafting and final piece. The process was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your scarecrow and the stitching, beautiful work on it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little Scarecrow is soooo cute, I may have to put one on my wool crazy block. Looks like the pin cushion round robin is progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paulette!!!! You did an outstanding job on that scarecrow! Kaaren will be flipping for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I love it! You did an amazing job with the scarecrow. This pincushion is going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! I really enjoyed the whole process of planning, preparing and completing. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yup, I'm flipping for sure!

    Awesome job, Paulette. I can't wait to him to come to my house to live. I'm sooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome. Thanks for sharing your process...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Paulette...You'll need to add him to your "big" wool crazy...He is definitely a keeper! It is such fun watching all of these round robins...they have really taken off. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pincushion is adorable! And I liked your presentation of it also. Thanks for sharing. You are a very talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. P,
    I Love Him.. So creative..
    HUgs,
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all the details you have put in this cute little guy and friends..:O)) Very Nice!!

    ReplyDelete