Saturday, September 4, 2010

Something New and Something Old….

What’s NEW?

Well, let me show you a little bit of what I have been stitching~ this is Karen’s Wool Crazy Pin Cushion…(we are doing a Round Robin…and it’s my turn).  Her theme is Fall…SEWWW…I added a black cat and a basket of apples…I have a little more to stitch before he is finished and I send him on his way ..off to Lori to work her magic!! I will show you the whole thing tomorrow when it’s finished…I know, I know…you’re sitting on the edge of your seat…:o)

P1090825

What’s OLD?  (And NO it’s NOT me!!)

It’s this gorgeous quilt!!  Isn’t it stunning?  It was hanging outside the Cloth Castle during their Log Cabin Quilt Show!

P1090662

Have a closer look~ It was made around 1930 and and is in PERFECT shape! 

P1090663-1

It is all hand stitched…I LOVE it!!  Go ahead click on the pictures!!  Exquisite!

P1090664

It is treasured and lovingly owned by one of the ladies who works at the Cloth Castle…who better to own and appreciate such a quilt than a fellow quilter.

P1090665 

Can you see the stars shining through…very subtle but there!!  Just love it!

So there you have it…something NEW and something OLD!  Come on.. have you got something new and something old that you want to share??  Dare you..

Have a super Saturday and an extra good Labour Day long weekend and Happy Quilting!~P

12 comments:

  1. That quilt is gorgeous and love that pattern. I have a few with the spider web and would like to do one, someday.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is fabulous - thank you for sharing.

    The black cat and basket apples is a perfect addition to Karen's pin cushion. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cat is lovely, and i AM on the edge of my seat in anticipation to see the whole thing!
    that quilt is georgeous - thank you for hightlighting the stars. such beautiful work.

    i'll take your challenge,(if this works!) here's something old of a similar vein i treasure: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23rdspiral/4538653192/
    and here's something new i'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23rdspiral/4937874334/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pincushion is looking mighty good with the addition of the cat. I am waiting with bated breath to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All my really valuable stuff is in storage....but soon very soon, I will be gettiing it back and then boring everyone with the items I have missed.

    Love the quilt and your wool project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I waiting with bated breath as well! Can't you stitch any faster? *wink*

    That quilt is stunning. What an absolute treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitches are amazing! I have never before seen a triangle log cabin quilt; this is such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gem of a quilt! Just exquisite. Looking forward to seeing all your pincushions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE what you've added to the pincushion, and oh that quilt is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And to think that the vintage quilt was made before rotary cutters and mats! I too can't wait to see the finished pincushion. What a fun exchange.

    ReplyDelete