Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Girl in Town….

FYI!! If you are familiar with Quilts By Cheri then you are going to be excited to learn that Cheri has joined the blogging world!!  YUP, Quilts by Cheri was started in August and Cheri has already started a quilt sampler and she is giving out the pattern so we can sew along with her! 

For those of you who are not familiar with Cheri, then you are in for a treat.  Cheri has some incredible quilt patterns out…one stopped me in my tracks when I was at The Country Loft in La  Mesa, California.  Grandma’s House was hanging behind a door at the Loft in the Wool section of the Shop…I HAD to have it!!  It’s made of wool on homespuns and it is just too dang cute for words!!  AND if you are a Grandma, wouldn’t this be a sweet one to hang in your home over the holidays…and if you’re not…well heck, hang it anyway…!

P1090817

Cheri’s patterns come in brown envelopes so they are easy to recognize…P1090813

I KNOW I own more than these two…they just aren’t showing themselves right now….:o)

Copy of P1090816

Scrap Baskets was another quilt that stopped me…It was hanging in the Fat Quarter Shop just down the road from Country Loft…LOVED IT!  I think it’s the black background that makes this little quilt sing!!

P1090818

Hey this quilt would be perfect made from all those left over homespun scraps…LIGHT BULB MOMENT!!..(Don’t you just love those ‘moments’…)

SEW you really must check up on Cheri…and see what she is up to!  Her blog is young but man is it going to be good!

ON THE QUILTING FRONT~  My Lady GO!GO! was singing last night as I cut out more 4 1/2”bow ties…she is SEW fast!!  I had a hard time keeping up with her!!

P1090812-1  I need a FAST gift…so thought a little table topper, made from these guys, would be nice!    I have NEVER had such nice matching points :oD !!  Today I will sew these together and put a border on…and call it done!!

First sign of FALL~ I have got a nasty cold…with a bad cough…body aches and tired… so hopefully sewing is what the doctor orders!!  I think it was the change in weather…from sunny and warm to rainy and wet…although the sun is out today!! Yeah!!  Thanks for listening…;o(  and yes, I have lots of chicken soup….

Have a terrific Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to Quilts by Cheri! I especially like the Scrap Baskets pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute patterns! I hope your cold goes away soon! The leaves are dropping here~ fall is in the air! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many, many of those brown envelopes. Love Cheri's patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I have a whole drawer with just those little brown envelopes. I have so many I had to make a list to take with me when I go shopping so I don't duplicate! I went to the Loft last Saturday and only bought one pattern because I forgot my list and I was sure it was one I didn't have! That's how much I like her stuff. We should start a fan club! Actually, I got the latest calendar from them, and it looks like there is a Cheri club that meets once a month. Wish I lived closer than an hour and a half away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those patterns are darling, I'll go check her out! I hope you feel better soon, get some vitamin D and some garlic - good for what ails you! Love the look of your table topper.

    Yikes, my verification word is "flues"! Don't be catching any flues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your cold. Take care of yourself and keep warm! We had the first fire in our new fireplace tonight, autumn is definitely coming here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link! I'm definitely going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love Cheri? I have started on my little quilt already. And have quite a few little brown envelopes myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, sorry to hear you've got your first cold of the season, hopefully you'll be all immune-systems go after this one and remain healthy all winter! Bowties are so cute and I adore that woolie over the hill quilty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Cheri's designs. I do have some of her older books, great for small christmas gifts. I could have used a fast project, have a wedding this weekend and guess it will have to be money, no time to make a quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete