Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pull Up a Log…and Enjoy!

I was deleting unused/unwanted pictures off my camera card and came across some pictures that I forgot to blog about!  Oooops!

This is the PERFECT time to show them as I have absolutely NOTHING to write about!!  We have been experiencing gorgeous, warm, sunny weather and I have been taking advantage of it.  You know…yard work, cleaning windows, planting bulbs and pruning… the usual Fall stuff.  This doesn’t seem to include quilting…darn!!

These are a few of the pictures that I took at the Cloth Castle Quilt Show in August.  The ‘theme’ this year was LOG CABIN, which meant the quilts had to be made up of mostly Log Cabin blocks… P1090669

Each quilt was numbered (there were no names on the quilts)…that’s because the winner was determined by those attending the QS…we got to vote on our favorite quilt.  This was a great idea as it got everyone involved…the only problem was, when the Cloth Castle sent out their New letter announcing which three quilts won they said WHO won- not which numbers won.  So I can’t tell you which quilt won  or even if I took a picture of the winning quilts because we were going by numbers not name…???  But regardless…lots of lovely quilts and I have to say the Log Cabin is one of my favourite blocks!

 P1090670

Nothing cozier than a flannel log cabin quilt!P1090671

Isn’t this a sweet one…again made from the softest flannel and the sweetest snowmen!

 P1090672

An effective, eye catching log cabin…

P1090677

Can you see the subtle log cabins…?  Very nice!!

     P1090678

I love these sweet little quilts…

 P1090679

Gorgeous quilting…wish I had taken a shot of the whole quilt!! Sheesh!  Fire the camera man!

P1090680

If you love batiks then you would love this quilt…. P1090681

This was my favourite and it got my vote…I REALLY want to make this one…look at the little log cabins in the middle of the stars…and there is something about the black background and the scrappy stars and border!  Loved it!!  In ‘real' life’ this quilt was much brighter…I wished my camera had picked that up…

P1090673

A couple of close-ups….

P1090674

P1090676

So there you have it…log cabins at their best…not a bad day…for nothing to write about!!  I have to clean out my camera more often!!

OH and about all that Fall yard work that I have been doing…OK…I confess…it hasn’t been all work…it was such a gorgeous day that my husband and I went for a hike down to the Cowichan River…isn’t it gorgeous!!

image

I thought I’d take you along…pull up a log, click the button and ENJOY!! …it’s the next best thing to being there!

 

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

16 comments:

  1. What fun pictures! So glad you found them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how many different designs the log cabin can work in!
    Glad to see you're out enjoying this amazing weather...thanks for the vid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your pictures as they help tell the story and it's always great fun to see what everyone else is doing. Like you I spent yesterday outside too knowing the rainy season will be here soon enough. I will be heading over to Sawyers today to decide on a some dies for the Go. I've used the 2 1/2" for a scrappy strip quilt class at Satin Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely quilt show. I just love it when people do posts around a theme...like you did with the log cabin.
    Have a sweet quilting day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so admire the artistry and skill of the craftspeople who make these quilts. The more I look the more pathetic my attempts look. But it won't stop me enjoying and striving to better my efforts. I'm not a master painter but I still love looking. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts, thank you. Log cabin was my first and will always be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially like the Log Cabin quilt with the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Log Cabins - never made one but there's still hope, lol. I could've watched your river video all day - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! You are right, it is like almost being there! I just found your blog a few days ago! I really enjoy it!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paulette

    You know you have kindred spirit when 5 of your photos are my quilts! Your favorite is one that I made about 4 or 5 years ago and the fabric line was called almost Amish. I love how this quilt turned out and I enjoy everyday. The quilt that you didn't get the whole photo of was the one with wool applique snowman, I will put a photo on my blog, but if I remember correct you recently made one using your plaid strips that were cut on lady GO! GO!

    Take care Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woww, a bonus day. You took us to a quilt show and out for a walk by the river.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like you I love log cabin quilts. Thanks for the pics.
    Great walk, Stan would have loved to have joined you on that one

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it great how different the same block can look just by how it is used. I think my favorite was the star log cabin too. Thanks for the walk by the rushing waters. What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope to be working on my first log cabins this weekend. It's a really small project.

    The walk looks fantastic. I love to hike and my favorite hikes are to water or near water.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the video of the river! Absolutely beautiful. I just love blogging...I'd never had seen Marie Canyon otherwise. Thanks for dropping by my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete