Friday, March 19, 2010

What’s For Dinner?

When Claire’s husband and son come home today and smell the bubbling pot on the stove I’m sure they will be wondering what’s for dinner!

image

There is NOTHING like the smell of boiled wool!  YUCK!

image

But how yummy is this?image

Today Claire experimented with the Gaywool Dyes and beige, creams and brown tweeds, checks and herring bone WOOL!  So pretty!!

image

Here’s some wool before the boiling pot…awwwww a nice spa bath…and then into the hot tub for you!  (I’ve been on holiday too long….!)

image

So from this to this:

image

Claire, I think you can quit the day job!!  ;o)

image

Just lovely…but it looks like I’m missing Spring!! ;o(

So when Claire’s son and husband ask what’s for dinner…she is going to say…”Feast your eyes on this- we’re dyening in!!”

Works for me!!  Yum!

image

Have a Fun Friday and Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. Hey great job! Turned out great. Does the dye set permanently or would it bleed if gets wet again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those yellowy greenish wools. Gorgeous. I used to dye my own reed when basket making...complete with hanks of reed in a big pot on the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and textures. Those are going to look gorgeous in a piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wools sure do look yummy to me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those colours! Scored at our thrift shop yesterday...a complete crazy quilt pattern & a king size off white wool blanket for $1.00! Now I get to cut up the blanket and have fun dyeing! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quite happy to look at them, they're beautiful, and eternally grateful I don't have to smell them, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look gorgeous and good enough to eat! Working with those colours would be a lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "We're dyening in"? Could you hear me groaning at that all the way down there in So Cal?! LOL! Yep, I'm gettin ready to do some 'sperimenting soon too! Isn't it fun to see how overdying those fabrics turned out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some wonderful results there. Now I'm "dye-ing" to see what they turn in to. (Sorry, couldn't resist that one.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dyeing makes such lovely coordinated sets of the different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete