Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cruisin’ with Nick….?

I love going to Garage Sales in Palm Springs…everything is glitzy and sequined and retro . And I LOVED this sweet little car and I do mean LITTLE.  Only in Palm Springs would you find a car for sale at a GS!!  I should have had my picture taken beside it to show you just how little it was.. definitely made for a little person!!  The story is…the car was in a Nicolas Cage movie (filmed in Palm Springs) and Nick actually drove this car…ahhhha…isn’t Nicolas Cage over 6 ft. tall?…what..do I look like I just fell off the turnip truck?  I mean really….and even if Nick DID drive it…I still couldn’t fit it under the bed to bring it home! ;o)  So darn…I didn’t buy it!! 

P1060896

It was slim pickings but I did buy this cute little antique candy dish…and of course I filled it with my favourite candy.  Oh and look it’s sitting on this gorgeous (pumpkin) orange wool…

P1060902

But this orange wool isn’t that flattering to the bowl…so let’s try it on this lovely, soft beige (get the dye pot ready!) wool…

P1060904 Much better!

So we had fun lookin’ but no cigar!  Hope you had better luck than I did!!

Have a sunny Sunday and Happy Quilting!!

6 comments:

  1. I like it on the orange better, gives it a warm glow.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that car!!! Believe it or not, years ago, we bought a 60's Mercedes at a garage sale - it needed some work and dh never did work on it, so he sold it to his brother. ARGH. I loved that car so much!
    Love your "candy"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to me you could have hitched that little car up to the back of whatever you hitch up to your RV and used it like an extra suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That car is darling! I wish you would have taken a picture by it so we could have seen how little it really is! :) I love reading your blog, you make me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was in grade school (a while ag) one of the teachers drove one of these cars. This color too. Tall and thin and lived 2 blocks from school and drove every day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete