Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cabin Fever…

It’s a gorgeous day in Paradise..so NO..I don’t have Cabin Trailer Fever but I am working on a little project from my Cabin Fever Book by Whimsicals. LOVE this book!!  If you have Wool fever than you should have a look at some of the Whimsicals books-you will find tons of gorgeous wool projects!!

image

I cut this project out before leaving home back in December.  I was still in Christmas mode and REALLY liked this little guy….You’ve got to admit that he’s adorable!

image

I thought if I cut him out and put him in a Ziploc that I might just stitch him up in my travels…

This morning I glanced at the calendar and saw that it was ALREADY the middle of March –YIKES!  How did this happen?  I still need a fast finish for the OPAM challenge…it was then that I thought of this sweet little Meowy Christmas just waiting for needle and thread.

I found the Ziploc clipped in my Stitching Binder (so organized ;o)) and got him ready to roll!  So for the next day or two I will STOP playing and get stitching…Peg will be so proud of me!!  P1060869

Nothing like stitching snow in your bathing suit while sitting around the pool in 80Fdegree weather!!  I have a new respect for pins and needles! :o)

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!!

13 comments:

  1. So cute! Catch some rays for me Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love Whimsicals! I really ought to get one (all) of their books!! Have fun with your kitty! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love whimsicals books. I do have that one too.
    Love the textures you are using for your piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you don't actually have Cabin Fever. I was getting a little worried when I read the title, thinking to myslef, how can she have cabin fever in paradise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute...and I am soooo jealous about the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could use some warmth by now! The wool appliqué seems like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is the cutest ever - I'm going to have to look for that book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and look at that gorgeous wool....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous project to work on, especially when you're sitting by the pool like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I was hand sewing in the sunshine yesterday too! the sun feels so good doesn't it?
    Very cute work. I suppose you cut out all your projects before the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my wool so thanks for the tip - I'll be looking for this book! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stitching snow in bathing suit, using wool in 80Fdegree weather, nice *LOL*

    ReplyDelete