Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

This is what I worked on during our Friday Night Sew-In!  I love this rooster…reminds me of the “Good Morning Song” which we HAD to sing EVER morning (when I taught Grade one)…oh, oh…now I’ve got the tune stuck in my head…nooooooooooo!

P1060892   Now comes the fun stuff…I call them the ‘special effects’.  Adding all the details that make everything pop…like adding the spiral to the sun, the stitching to the feathers, the flowers to the fence and maybe even a ladybug or a bumble bee to brighten the day!!P1060895

I say good morning to the Rooster….

P1060378

Good morning to the Hen…

 P1060379

Good morning to the chickies in the pen…

OMG!!  I’ve practically  got the whole song on my quilt!!   Ouch!!

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!

…and when I’m finished it’s time to say good–night…Good Night, Good Night to everything in sight!!…

13 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful project - I admire this talent....and the time you are having in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny how something triggers a song in our head, then we can't stop singing it, lol. Love the new additions to your quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep telling you how much I love, love, love this quilt - I hope you don't tire of hearing it. :-)

    Good morning computer, good morning sewing machine - now you've done it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely Good Night here, I can't believe I am still up. When you are on a roll, you just keep rolling. The fact that you do remember is a very good thing! Your quilt is coming along beautifully. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very nice so far...and even scrolled down to see wool brewing! Devine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and textures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Paulette, your beautiful stitching on the wool adds so much to your wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - you are such a hoot - love your rooster!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is just so much to look at in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love how your quilt is coming out Paulette your detail is great!

    ReplyDelete