Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cock-a-doodle-DONE!

The Rooster is done and is sitting proudly on his fence…

P1060930

The bumble bee is flying away…wish you could see the veins on his wings and the French knot antennae….

P1060931

I used two running stitches as the decorative stitches to join the two blocks together.  I didn’t want a stitch that would take away from the rooster.

P1060932

The sun is shining brightly…

 

P1060933

And there is blue wisteria growing along the fence…

P1060934 P1060935 P1060936

Only six more blocks to go…hope you’re not getting sick of this little quilt!  It is the perfect project to do in the small confines of our RV.

See that big EMPTY brown block…that’s where I want to put Raggedy Ann..such FUN!

P1060937

Have a woolie Wednesday and Happy Quilting!!

15 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Your block looks amazing. I was showing your blog to my Mom who came to visit a few weeks ago and she loved your wool projects. She even orders the Wool Crazy pattern book. I decided to order some wool for her as a surprise to start on her project. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that rooster area, such wonderful designs and stitching. You are going to have to teach us how to do those beautiful stitches and flowers. What book is helping you the most with those?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it, Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking soooo fabulous. Embroidery + wool = yummmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am drooling. Every little bit tells such a story and has so much character - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, I love the flowers and how you put the blocks together with the running stitches - can't wait to see the next block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've got the wisteria winding around the fence, and the rooster really does look like he's the boss of all he sees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that rooster area, such wonderful designs and stitching.
    data entry india

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's coming out so nice!! I just love the rooster on the fence, your wisteria is very pretty!! and no I'll never be sick of your wool block updates, keep the pics coming.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...OH WOW....I WANT IT..uh..I mean I LOVE IT!! This is just w-a-y too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning block...you have done such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rooster is wonderful Paulette!!! All of it together is looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paulette I am loving your quilt, the details are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the flowers on the fence.

    ReplyDelete