Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Meowy Christmas to you…!

Whew!  Just squeaked my March OPAM challenge across the finish line..with a week to spare!

P1060924     

As you can see my Meowy Christmas is finished and framed!! (Not bad – some old wool blazers- snip, snap and presto…instant kitty!)  I bought the frame at the Goodwill and rubbed some brown paint on it to make it look more rustic.  I really like the look as it’s much darker in real life.

The pattern, Meowy Christmas, is from this Whimsicals book called, Cabin Fever.

image

Meowy is pretty cute! 

   P1060914

Doesn’t  he look a little surprised - like he knows he’s out on the desert, in the middle of March, dressed for Christmas!

P1060915

Meowy Christmas, a little late OR a lot early!!

P1060916

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!!

15 comments:

  1. He came out wonderfully and looks beautiful framed. I need to make that one too, nice quick project for next years gifts.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! He does look like he knows he is out in the dessert in the middle of March! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even that cat is cute, I must admit.
    signed,
    dog lover

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is really cute. I really like that you work on Christmas anytime of the year. I do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it....it is just so cute Paulette...and my new found passion for wool, may have to get that book....Peg OPAM 2010

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable kitty! It would make a great addition to your wool crazy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The finished project is so cute and the frame just finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric makes the cat and he does have a cute expression..
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling! And you did such a nice job on the frame too! So, I'm guessing you also hauled all your paints with you (along with all the wool, sewing stuff, beading stuff, yada, yada, yada)? 'Cause I'm starting to imagine your RV is actually the TARDIS (do you watch Dr. Who?).

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's lovely. I think he looks kind of "knowing" rather than surprised. I think he approves of his frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's adorable - and VERY early!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to make that one too, nice quick project for next years gifts.
    data entry india

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute - love the eyes - what did you use??

    ReplyDelete