Thursday, October 1, 2009

Quilter’s unite…..

We all know Terry (from Terry’s Treasures)…she is the blogger who always leaves a cheery, encouraging comment on your blog.  You see her cute little picture with her smiling face saying something nice about what you have just sent out into blog land… Well now Terry needs our comments, encouragement and support!  I’m sure most of you have heard by now that Terry’s  husband had a terrible work related accident.  Laurie ( A Yankee Quilter) has a wonderful idea to make a ‘thinking of you quilt’ for Terry.  Laurie would like as many quilters as possible to send her a 9 1/2" unfinished block in Terry's colors of red, blue, yellow and brown.  She will enter each quilter who sends a block into a drawing for the Americana jelly roll.  The deadline is November 15 for Laurie to receive the blocks.  Please pass this along on your blog so that we can reach out to other quilters.  If you would like to be a part of this please pop over to Laurie’s blog as she has posted all the details.

On the Quilting front~ Yesterday we finished hand quilting my Snow Ball quilt!  I am so pleased with it that I just had to send a few pics your way…. 

P1030143 P1030137 P1030138 It’s going to look great on the couch of our 5th wheel-  I wish you could feel the back of the quilt as I picked a very soft, cozy flannelette.  I just know we are going to be fighting off the dogs to get a corner of it…

8 comments:

  1. I have followed this quilt being finished and loved the colours of it. The hand stitching makes the snowballs look even rounder tahn before. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh that quilt looks beautiful! I should make a quilt for our camper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful quilt and your hand quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very cool here this morning, and I could almost feel that quilt wrapped round me - I love snuggly quilts that have a flannelette type of backing. The quilting is really making the snowballs stand out. A beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is just wonderful! It is a lovely quilt!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is lovely well done
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's turned out beautifully!
    I happened across two patterns for snowball quilts earlier this week, and whenever I see it written down I immedialely think of all those '#/<#<*' things you called it whilst you were finishing piecing it! I laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already finished! You have worked hard on the quilting, how long did it take?

    ReplyDelete